My Lash Lift Experience

Someone in my sweet little town of San Luis Obispo now finally offers a Lash Lift service.

At Elevenses Mind and Body Therapy Spa  you can get your lashes permed also known as lifted (it just sounds gentler). You've probably seen amazing pictures of lash extensions and gosh they are beautiful. And every morning there is no need to curl your lashes and apply mascara, that sounds great. But my lashes are plenty long enough, they just don't have enough curl. If I was to get lash extensions they would have to be crazy long to even show curl beyond my own lashes. So what's a girl to do other then continue curling her lashes and putting hardening, drying, and uncomfortable mascaras on.


For a few months I was doing lash lifts on myself with kits I ordered off of Amazon. Sounds like a recipe for disaster, but it turned out okay. The real trouble was trying to glue my lashes to the perm rod with my eyes open (awkward and kinda ineffective)



The Process

I arrived with no makeup on, although I'm sure your Esthetician will remove whatever makeup you are wearing. After cleaning your eyes and lashes they will tape down your lower lashes to make it easier to only work the the top lashes. Then they will glue a little perm rod to the base of your lashes (your eyes will be closed this whole time).

Now comes the important part, gluing the lashes to the rod. This is especially important because if the lashes are glued to the rod in any funny way and then permed they will stay in that funny way. This is not the most comfortable thing in the world. It doesn't hurt, its just not super comfortable.

The perming part is easy and my Esthetician Amanda (you're awesome girl!!) even gave me a little scalp massage while letting the perm solution do its thing. After the solution has worked its magic your Esthetician will apply a neutralizer and let then stop the processing then they'll remove the perm rod and thoroughly clean your lashes.

Amanda applied a keratin mascara to my lashes at the end of the appointment. You can't get your lashes wet for 24 hours after the lash lift so plan ahead for that. The lift lasts till new lashes grow in and the curled lashes fall out. This is an $80 service and you can add on a lash tint if that is something you are looking for.

And boom!!! Curled lashes that only need a little swipe of mascara and your morning routine just got way easier.

Before (pardon my eyebrows in these photos, they were getting done immediatley after this appointment)


And after (ahhhhhhh sang the angels)







Comments

Popular Posts