Less is more...right? Right!

Everyone tells us "less is More". Our boyfriends tell us "no, I like it when you don't wear too much makeup". Friends tell us "stop fretting, you look great". Then we go and tell ourselves "I'll be pretty enough if I wear MORE makeup" "I'll feel better once I LOSE WEIGHT" "If I had BETTER HAIR then life will get better" Ok that last one was a little dramatic, but sometimes that is how it feels.

I am Emy and sometimes I hate my face, hair, body, fashion sense (or lack thereof) and all around self. I am also a hairstylist and makeup artist. Some people might think that because I help people feel beautiful everyday that I must know how to make myself feel beautiful...so not true. Making people feel anything about themselves is a powerful thing and knowledge is power. We are the most powerful of all if we allow ourselves to be. For some people putting false eyelashes on a fully contoured face makes them feel better. That is totally okay, its not for me, but its totally okay. Personally I feel better after a warm shower and good body scrub followed by an at home facial with a cup of coffee. That is what makes me feels radiant and beautiful. It is amazing how a simple thing like washing your face can be a little mental reset.

Less is more. Its a phrase that is easier said then done, but with practice and good friends it can be done.

This blog is meant to embrace and celebrate the beauty of the simple no matter how complicated it is.

Comments

  1. I just took a shower as a mental reset- love your new blog and love you! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts