Holiday Outfits

What to wear to your various Holiday gatherings? Always always....always dress comfortably. I'm not saying go to your work Christmas party in your PJ's but whatever you decide to wear make sure you are comfortable in it. Otherwise you wont be able to enjoy yourself fully because you'll be feeling self conscious about the skirt that you convinced yourself wasn't too short, or the pants that fit a bit snug but you bought for an occasion such as this. You get me? This is a part of self care if you, like me, are a person that stresses over little things and gets really thrown off kilter when plans change or things don't go exactly as you'd expect them to. So my holiday season mantra comes into play again....Do only what you can and then stop and rest in that knowledge. So now lets overthink and over plan what to wear to Holiday events.

Dresses
Two words..Stretchy Fabrics. When shopping for what to wear to to my boyfriends company christmas party every year I look for comfort. This years dress was purchased online at ThreadUp (yay reuse). It's kinda short so I'm planning on wearing tights. Personally, if a dress is too long it can make me feel frumpy and stumpy, so I usually go for something fitted, a bit shorter but remaining appropriate, lined and a bit stretchy. My other option for this yea'rs fancy party was a high waisted circle skirt That I've owned for a while and a wrap top which I would have had to find. The skirt ended up being a bit too small which meant I would have had buy a whole outfit and I already had the dress from ThreadUp......Soooo we are going with the silver dress. I felt pretty self conscious about the fairly open back, but I'm gonna go for it!

Nice Casual Outfits
Most of the Holiday events I go to are not as fancy as my boyfriends company Christmas Party so for the more casual gatherings where I still want to look extra cute for pictures but not all out fancy this is what I go for. Jeans. Sweater. Heels or Wedges. Are we surprised? No, I didn't think so. I'd say for for a fancier sweater on the top. this is a one shoulder number I got at H&M last holiday season and it is so soft and looks so chic while still being so comfortable. I'd say go for a darker and slimmer fit jeans to keep things from getting too casual. And heels just cuz. I really only own two pairs of heels and I rarely wear them except for occasions like this.

Christmas Morning and Dinner
Christmas morning is also a time when family will be snapping photos of you opening your gifts and making all those holiday memories. Stretchy Jeans!!!!! Old Navy came out with a super soft jean called the Rockstar 24/7 and they are between a skinny jean and a jegging. Sometimes skinny jeans are not as comfortable as we'd like and jeggings have those stupid fake front pockets and tend to be made out of a fabric that is too thin. These have front pockets, the fabric is thick enough and they are not skin tight and uncomfortable. So awesome. And since I'm fully committed to comfort on a day like Christmas I'll stick to a t-shirt and cardigan. I can shed the cardigan if I'm chasing my niece around but the cardigan dresses the outfit enough for dinner time.



Comments

Popular Posts