My Spring Makeup Bowl

Spring is upon us which means it's time to switch up my makeup bowl. Spring always brings for sunshine, fresh flowers, hikes, grabbing a beer out on a deck somewhere, picnics in the sunshine while tasting wine......you know fun, warm things.

New Additions

I've been trying out a new foundation from Physicians Formula, the Healthy Foundation with SPF 20. With warmer weather and riding my bike to work I am being very on it with the sunscreen. No sun damage on this face...no sir. So far this has been good. I prefer light to medium coverage foundation and this totally fits the bill. Previously I've used the Sephora Make No Mistake Foundation stick, I still absolutely love that foundation, but it is nice to have something even lighter on deck.



Brighter blushes have being joining the party as well. So I picked up another color of RMS Beauty Lip2Cheek. This time I got the color Diabolique. In the pot it looks terrifying and dark but once its applied to the skin it is perfectly bright. On me it ends up looking like I've got a nice healthy flush. I've been loving using it on my cheeks and lips for a more monochromatic look.



The only part of me that consistently sunburns is my lips. And I picked up Ilia's Tinted Lip Conditioner SPF 15. I got it in the color Bombora. This is a very very tinted lip balm. Love it! A local shop in my town (hey Len Collective) carries this brand and I so happy I have it nearby to go pick up when I need.



I've discovered a new mascara and I think it might be an affair to remember. Maybelline Total Temptations Mascara is amazing!!!! I've complained before about having pretty sensitive, itchy eyes when it comes to mascara. I don't want to invest in a high end mascara because you have to replace this type of product so often (every three months at most), it just gets so expensive so quick. So having an affordable option that  performs this well is amazing. This stuff supposedly has coconut oil in it to keep your lashes moisturized but also give volume and some length. Great when my lash lift is on and when my lift has grown out. I purchased a back up tube of this stuff and can see myself using this for a long time.

Fenty Beauty Mattemoiselle Matte lipstick in Freckled Fiesta is a new addition to the family and I've actually been using it as a blush. Love the look of a really orange blush and instead of buying an orange blush and an orange lipstick why not get something that can work for both? Its been working out really well.



Year Round Staples

As always RMS Beauty is on hand. It is my go to face and I've gushed about it plenty on here. in summary I have enough product from this brand to do my base, cheek color, eyes and lips......and I love all of them.



Mac Paint Pot in Groundwork is my go to eyeshadow base. effortless, stays in place and is just enough wash of color to wear by itself or build an eyeshadow look on top of.

Hourglass Ambient Bronzer is another year round staple that I don't even have to think about when using. The perfect mix of sun kissed bronze and just enough radiance without being shimmery or glittery.

A dedicated post will be up all about my current favorite spring lip colors, so stay tuned.

Comments

Popular Posts