RMS Beauty (Possibly One of My Favorite Brands)

Oh yes, this brand might have to take the cake as one of my all time favorite makeup brands. They have truly changed the way I do my makeup from day to day. Makeup that is pretty much skincare, it can't get better then that. I would like to put in a disclaimer though. I do not personally like full coverage, super glam makeup. I prefer my makeup to enhance my skin not cover it completely. So if that is not your style then this product line might not be for you and that's okay. For me, less really makes me feel more confident and more beautiful. If more does that for you, then fantastic.



Good Ingredients

I like to keep my skincare simple but effective. I'm not into products that have perfume in them just cuz. I don't want any silicone on my skin unless I intend for it to be there. Same goes for makeup. And this brings me to the first reason I love this brand so much. Simple and effective ingredients such as coconut oil, rosehip oil, cocoa butter, and shea butter. And the pigments are very finely milled minerals. Its important that the minerals are milled very very finely so that the molecules don't get caught in your pores and cause milia (tiny bumps that cannot be extracted).



Great Formulations

Not all cream products actually soak into the skin but these do. I don't know what they do different but it is awesome! I also appreciate that the texture of the concealer is different from the texture of the blush and bronzer. The thicker texture of the blush and bronzer keep the pigment exactly where you put it but still perfectly blends. And the creamy, softer texture of the concealer really lets the product spread. All of these products however really warm and soften with your body heat, so I apply them with my fingers. And for traveling it is nice to not even have to pack brushes.

The Products I Use 

RMS Beauty has a lot of different products and I haven't tried them all, nor will I. I am becoming a firm believer in only owning the makeup you are going to use. And their face powders and powdered shadows just aren't for me. I would still like to try the mascara though. The "un" Cover Up is by far my favorite product. I use it every single day. The Bronzer is also fantastic, not too warm and it blends out like a dream so there aren't any splotches or obvious lines. Their cream blush is called Lip2Cheek because they can be used as both cheek color and lip colors. I just recently purchased another color in this one. So now I have a rose pink and a coral pink. so great for days where you don't feel like using tons of different products. Lastly I have their Master Mixer which I use as a face highlight and their Eye Polish which is a cream eyeshadow. These last two products I actually use on both my eyes and my face. The Master Mixer is more subtle and the Eye Polish is much brighter, both are so stunning. A selection is available on Sephora's website, RMS Beauty has their own website and if you are a local in San Luis Obispo Len Collective stocks the majority of their products.




I honestly don't know what else I can say about this brand. From a mental health perspective (yes, I have a mental health perspective on makeup) these products help me feel like myself in down times. Makeup that is easy to apply and is good for your skin can really help your mental state. At least it does for me. I love makeup not just because it is fun, or that I love color, but because it helps people feel beautiful and gives them confidence. Makeup is powerful and wonderful.

Comments

Popular Posts