My Current Simple Makeup Routine

It is no secret I like to keep things simple especially when it comes to makeup. When doing my makeup in the morning and wanting to keep things simple I prep my face very well with moisturizers and lightweight facial oils. I might even do a quick moisturizing mask while I make my coffee and whatnot. 


So makeup. I start with my RMS Un-Coverup. Lately I've been applying this very lightly with a small brush. And I've been setting my whole face with the Glossier Wowder. This combo has been awesome with the warmer weather we've been having. It evens out my skin tone just enough. And the powder helps when my face gets a bit sweaty or warm without making my skin look dry. This is by no means a luminous face powder but it doesn't totally diminish your natural glow from all those facial oils we just applied. 


Keeping with the theme of simple makeup I've been loving a truly monochromatic look. So I take my cream blush and apply it to my cheeks, eyes and lips. Boom! Bam! So easy. The two products I've been using to to this are the Glossier Cloud Paints and RMS Beauty Lip2Cheek. RMS will give a glowy look that doesn't last as long on the skin. But if your skin is having a rough day and needs an extra drink of moisture this is a fantastic product. I've been using the colors Paradise and Beloved. Cloud Paints are such a pigmented product and there is definitely a learning curve to using it. But once you get it down they are such a beautiful face product. And.....They just released new shades!!! The shades I own and love are Dawn (new), Storm (new), Beam, and Haze.


I have a light complexion with an olive undertone and that makes things a bit tricky. Most blush colors that are geared for light skintone is too light to really show up on an olive undertone. But things made for deeper skintones have the shades I'm looking for but are way too pigmented to blend out nicely on my lighter skin. its a problem. Glossier's new shades have the pigmentation I am looking for but it blends out perfectly. Couldn't be happier with these new shades. 


Next we finish with a quick swipe of mascara and tinted brow gel. If I feel like getting a teeny bit fancier I'll smudge a brown liner in my lash line and slightly wing it out. 

Hope this inspires you to keep things simple and thank you for reading. 

Comments

Popular Posts