Eyes are the windows to the soul. does that make the lashes the curtains??

Starting off with the basics...lashes. Mascara is the little black (or brown) dress of all makeup and goodness are there so many kinds. Mascara is really one of those things I feel like the drugstore gets right. Thickening, lengthening, volumizing, tubing, conditioning etc. There are too many to review one by one so I am going to tell you my favorites and why.

Disclaimer: I do lash lifts done regularly. This is a service that gives the natural lash permanent curl that goes away as new lash hairs come in (yes, your lashes actually grow new hairs all the time). This requires me to use gentle and soft mascaras. As of right now there are no places in SLO that perform this service. I will let you all know when there is. I currently perform this service on myself (do not try this at home kids....at least without extensive research and watching lots of You-tube videos).

Neutrogena Healthy Lengths

The applicator is a bristly, fibrous brush that separates and lengthens the lashes just perfectly. And like the name suggests it is supposed to promote healthy, soft and long lashes. 
 
Aveda Mosscara

Very similar to the Neutragena but much more gentle. During allergy season this is my preferred mascara. this doesn't get flaky at all which is my favorite bit about it. 
 

Maybelline Full-n-Soft Waterproof

As my lash lift fades my lashes are less curly so I need to curl them a bit and when I curl them I like to use waterproof mascara to help them hold that curl. Now typically waterproof mascaras are known for being stiff, uncomfortable and flaky. This one is none of those things. Such a good mascara to help hold curl.
 

Other Tips and Tricks

Warm up your eyelash curler with your blow dryer. Be sure to test the temperature before putting a hot piece of metal near your eyeball. 

Replace your mascara every 3 months. Products go bad peeps so look ahead and mark your calendar or sharpie your expiration date 3 months from when you opened your mascara on the bottle.

Be sure your lash curler is the correct shape for your eye (this very much help my lash game). Sephora carries lash curlers for round and almond eyes and they are awesome!!!

Hope this helps you feel as beautiful as you are. 

Comments

Popular Posts