Lipstick is Scary?

Oh lipstick. My love/addiction to lipstick has been going on for so long. There are so many textures, colors and finishes. So. Much. Fun. Also overwhelming for some and that is totally alright and understandable. Being a professional makeup artist I have accumulated a large lipstick collection for professional use.


Even though I have this huge collection of lipstick I really only use a select few for my personal kit. Allow me to tell you my favorite lipstick application tips.

Exfoliate and hydrate your lips
Lip scrubs are super accessible Lush makes a good one, Milani has an awesome scrub and moisture treatment. You can also easily take a bit of sugar to scrub your lips or just take a clean tooth brush and give a good little scrub. Always moisturize after exfoliating. I also like to moisturize my lips with a heavier balm at night.

Do not fear the bright lips
Bright, bold lips can be so intimidating, fear not I have two tricks. First off line your lips and blend that line. Next, apply your bold lip color (whatever strikes you fancy). Take a q-tip and run it around the edges of your lips, this will soften the color.

Lip color is a great small way to perk yourself up. Not many things beat feeling like a classic beauty in red lips. Or feeling pretty in a pink gloss. Or getting cool and sultry in a nude lip. Gosh there are so many fun options. So I encourage you to try something fresh and new. It is spring time after all.
 

Comments

Popular Posts