Spring Time Capsule Makeup kit

I'm sure you've heard of capsule wardrobes and how helpful they can be with downsizing, simplifying and living more a more minimalist lifestyle. Well you can do the same thing with makeup. As someone with an extensive makeup collection and not a lot of bathroom space this has been an awesome change.

Now I would never expect any of you or myself to get rid of makeup for good. I store the majority of my personal makeup in cupboards or in decorative baskets so its never too far away. but every couple months I go through my makeup and pick out various things I'd like to use continuously for a bit. This way you don't get as bored with your makeup and feel like you need to buy new things all the time. This switch out can happen seasonally, weekly, bi-weekly or whenever you find yourself getting bored. Basically whenever you feel like it. So here is my current capsule makeup kit.

Skin
I've decided use me Hourglass Vanish Foundation. This is a really cool product because it is kinda like a giant concealer stick. So you can use it in just spots and blend it out for light comfortable coverage or apply it for an all over fuller coverage.


For concealer I'll be using Nars Creamy Matte Concealer. I have dry skin, especially around the eyes so when a product says it is matte I usually hesitate. At the same time a concealer that is very thing tends to settle into my smile lines. This product is perfectly balanced.


During the warmer months my skin can get a little shiny so I keep a powder on hand to lightly set my face makeup. With dry skin powder is a tricky product to buy. Most powders are formulated to keep excess oil at bay so when you do not have excess oil powder just makes your skin look even more dry and patchy. The Elf Powder from their Beautifully Bare collection is quite nice because it  is very light and you are able to only apply a little at a time.

 

Face Highlighter
I love me some glowing dewy skin and this Temptu Liquid Glow is awesome for just that. I recieved this product in my Boxycharm subscription. This can be used underneath or over foundation for a natural glow 

And if I want to bump up my highlight I go over it with this highlight from Ofra  This highlight is perfectly shimmery without being glittery. So freaking awesome. 

 

For blush I'll be using the Tarte Clay Blush. These blushes last so long on the skin. And this color is bright and fresh for spring timey feels. 

 

Bronzer!! I have recently fallen in love with using bronzer. Sometimes I skip the blush and only use a highlight and bronzer. And this Makeup Revolution Vivid Baked Bronzer is perfect for glowy slightly tan looking skin. 

 

Eyes
For eyeshadow I've decided to use the Tartelette Tease palette. This is a really fun palette that can take you from super casual to sexy nighttime. Normally I would keep a couple of palettes in my kit but lately I actually haven't even been wearing eyeshadow, or eyeliner. Just mascara (which you can read all about in my blog post all about lashes) 

 

And you can't forget about the brows. The Brow Gal Convertible Palette that I also received in a recent Boxycharm has quickly become my new favorite brow product. It's a powder that can be transformed into a pomade when used with a wet brush. That is so cool! And you can mix the colors to get your perfect shade. 

 

Lips 
Are going to have to be a another post all their own. 

Hope this encourages you to sort through your makeup and challenge you to use what you have in new ways. Fall back in love with your makeup. 

Comments

Popular Posts