My Favorite Spring Lipcolors

I've got my capsule makeup kit all set and now I'll share my favorite springtime lip colors.

Trends in Finishes
Trends come and go and while some people really care about keeping up with them, I do not. If there is a trend you like or makes you feel good then go for it. Otherwise do what makes you happy. I like my lips to look and feel healthy, not plastic or fabric (aka dry, matte or too velvety. Even though I love actual velvet). That being said I have a few different finishes of texture in this particular collection. that does not mean they are "trending" but merely that they make me feel pretty or sexy or confident in one way or another.

Springtime Lip Collection 

Mac Makeup is so classic and some things from them might be a little over hyped if you ask me but these two lipsticks keep me coming back. Twig is a rosy pink color in a satin finish. Really easy color to wear everyday or for a nice occasion. Glamour Era is is one of Mac's Mineral Rich lipsticks and this is my go-to nude. The finish on this one is a slight sheen.




 

Marc Jacobs lipstick is by far one of my favorite higher end lipstick formula. Sadly Je Taime is the only color I own because I have such a hard time justifying the price. This color is perfectly bright without being neon or overwhelming.





Sephora Collection products are awesome and reasonably priced. Their glosses are pigmented and not too sticky, I have them in Nude Alert and Pink Dahlia. Their Cream Lip Stains are definitely one of my favorite long wear  formulas, the red color is #01 and the darker brown shade is #42. I do not know if Sephora still makes their Luster Matte colors but they are very similar to the Cream Lip Stain, this one is Rose Luster and it is real pretty and bright for spring.





Loreal Infallible Pro Gloss is very comparable to the Sephora Glosses. This one in Petal is great to apply in the center of the lip to add fullness. Use over a nude lip stain or by itself on the beach.

  

 

Bite Multistick in the color Papaya is fantastic for summer travel because it can work for a creamy lip color and a nice flush of blush. The formula is drier then you might expect so on the face it can last quite a while and stays put but on the lips. You might want to use a balm underneath it. This is another product I fully intend to buy in more shades. 

 

 

Comments

Popular Posts