Night time Skin Care

Night time... the time of day when you get to slather your face in products and let them work while you sleep. Magic!!!

Its no secret that I have dry skin, which means my skin is gonna age sooner then later (sidenote: I finally got one other person to confirm that I have some fine lines forming on my forehead and chin) So night time is when you can pull out all the skincare punches. Whereas my morning skincare is more focused on light hydration and sun protection.

Cleanse
My first step is to remove my makeup and there are so many products that accomplish this well. Like so many products. I do like the Clinique Take Off The Day Oil Cleanser. This goes on like an oil but once you add water it breaks up the makeup and turns milky. The other One I've been really enjoying is from Elf of all brands. The Elf Gel Melt Cleanser is super similar to the clinique cleanser as it goes on oily and turns milky as you rinse it off. They both leave a slight film on the skin which is totally ok because at night I double cleanse. PCA Dry Relief Bar is what I use for my second cleanse. This is a super easy no mess cleanser since you apply and cleanse with a sponge. The sponge is also slightly exfoliating. This cleanser really cleans deep without stripping my skin.

 

Exfoliate
Night is the best time for exfoliating, both physical and and chemical. I use a low percentage Glycolic exfoliator, applied with a cotton pad, every other night. And twice a week I use a physical exfoliant. This on from Dr. Brant is quite expensive but I recieved it in a subscription box along with a bunch of other stuff, so i kinda didn't pay full price for it. I like this, but probably wont repurchase because it is so expensive. The main thing to avoid in a physical exfoliant is micro-beads, cuz you know the environment and stuff. If either of these options are too abrasive or rough, simply using a clean wash cloth to remove cleansers can be exfoliating enough.

 

Treat
Night time moisturizers are almost always heavier and packed with more impactful ingredients. My favorites are from Aveda ( I know, I know. but working with the produts at work just make me love them so much). The Aveda Wedding Masque both eye and face are awesome. So much hydration and just enough anti-aging properties. I notice a plumpness and suppleness to my skin in the morning. Even though these products are marketed as Masques they are really a rich night cream.

 

Lastly I always finish off my skincare routine with a facial oil patted in. The oil is attracted to the oils in the deeper layers of your skin and drives the products you've just layered deeper into your skin making them hopefully work better. I also always apply my face creams and lotions with deep massaging strokes in an upward motion to increase blood circulation.

Comments

Popular Posts