Pause a moment

Time is fleeting and in trying to enjoy every moment we end up missing out on some things or wearing ourselves out.

It takes work for me to do nothing. I know that sounds a little dramatic or whatever but I truly have to work at not planning anything on a day off. Why is it so difficult to slow down? And why do I feel like I don't slow down enough? Sometimes I feel like it is just my personality. Maybe I am a little more introverted the I'd like to admit. Maybe taking on such a social career is more taxing then I expected. Who knows. I do know that when I'm feeling burnt out the "fix" isn't always the same.

Sitting down and fine tuning my monthly budget helps. A simple nap is sometimes the cure. Cleaning the house, painting my nails, baking, reading or taking a walk there are lots of things that recharge my batteries.


Physically Tired
There are also different kinds of tired. When I'm feeling physically tired from standing all day at the salon I like to force myself to sit still and meditate for e few minutes. I even set a timer. There are other times when it feels like there are so many things to be done around the house that I cannot meditate till I tidy up a bit.


Now meditation can mean many different things for me from day to day. Prayer, if my heart is heavy for something or someone. Actively clearing my mind if I'm feeling overwhelmed. Yoga if my body is feeling stiff. Yoga is a good one because it gives you something to focus on. Now I'm no yogi, but I do enjoy feeling strong in my body while also stretching it.

Mentally/Emotionally Tired
This Happens to me a lot. Through my last couple years of therapy I have learned that I'm super empathetic. (Yay for self awareness). This means I spend most of my emotional energy thinking about other peoples emotions rather then my own. Now I've been working on this and I am getting better but sometimes I can get pretty down. (just a peek into my mental health status) Going on walks is a great help during these times. Getting active in general is a good practice for those predisposed to feeling blue. Unfortunately exercise is the last thing you want to do so once again you've got to force yourself to. If formal exercise doesn't do it for you....you can always turn up your favorite music and have a dance party. You'll be laughing and having a blast in no time. This might sound silly to some of you but I'm serious. Once again force yourself to start moving and it'll happen.

There is nothing wrong with feeling tired or blue. So have a dance, laugh, walk or quiet moment to yourself to feel better and more capable of enjoying life.
 

Comments

Popular Posts