I stopped shaving my legs

I am half Mexican, a quarter French and a quarter German......So I'm a hairy person. I've found a hair removal system that works well for my face (more on that later) but I despise shaving my legs. My hair grows so fast I have to shave every day. And if I shave in the evening then I need to shave again in the morning. That is just a drag.




Why Not Wax
Waxing seemed like an obvious solution, just not one for me. I can't wax my legs myself and getting it done gets expensive fast. And you have to let the hair grow quite long before it can be waxed. Pulling the hair out so that it grows back thinner, softer and more sparse is really the best option. But waxing isn't the only option. 

Epilating
Epilating is using a device called an epilator to pull the hairs out one by one but also quickly. When the hairs come back in they are smaller and more sparse. So the longer you keep up with the epilating the less hair you'll have and the less often you'll have to epilate.

Yes, it does hurt. You are pulling hair out of your skin in large amounts...it is going to hurt. It really isn't that bad. I always do it at night after an evening shower. during my shower I exfoliate my legs really well and be sure to not moisturize until after I'm done epilating not before.

A big tip when it comes to painful body hair removal is to be sure you are hydrated. When you are dehydrated your skin is inclined to hold onto your hair with everything its got. So drink lots of water the day you plan to epilate. Drink lots of water everyday anyways but especially on days when you have hair removal plans. 

My Experience 
The first week of epilating I used it on my legs every night. Then the next week I only used it every three days. Now I use it maybe every couple weeks. I notice my legs look smoother. Before I would shave and not even 12 hours later you could see the shadow of new hairs growing in. Now I have so much more confidence when wearing shorts, skirts and dresses 

Update: I am slowly starting to epilate my upper leg and oh boy it hurts, but I know it'll be worth it. 

Comments

Popular Posts