The Ordinary Skincare...My Thoughts

The ordinary is a skincare brand that claims simple formulas with no frills at an affordable price. if you are a new to in depth skincare this brand can be overwhelming. So if you'd like to try it I'd suggest really doing your research. These are the products I've tried.




Rosehip Seed Oil

The oil has amazing anti-aging properties. Vitamin A, and B help keep the skin plump and moisturized. I use this oil at night as my last step. It helps drive my serums and night time creams drive deeper into the skin. You dint need much of this oil so this little bottle will go a long way. 

Lactic Acid 5% + HA 2%

This chemical exfoliant or peeling solution is great for those with dry skin. It can be an irritant so be careful if you have never used acids before. At first I'd suggest mixing it with a simple moisturizing night cream and build your way up from there. I personally use this about twice a week and rarely use a physical exfoliant because of it.

High Spreadability Fluid Primer

An amazing primer for normal/dry skin. This evens out texture without feeling oily or looking too dewy. Avoiding patchy application of your foundation. When I do wear a full face of foundation this primer really saves the day, especially around the eyes.

High-Adherence Silicone Primer

This primer was not for me but I've used it on clients with more oily skin and it performs beautifully. It fills in pores and blurs imperfections. Just enough oil control while still hydrating.

Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA

A very simple moisturizer. Nothing special, no frills but effective. This is probably not a stand alone product. It'll perform best when layered with serums and facial oils, but a solid product all the same.




Like I said, this line is not for those new to extensive skincare regiments. But if you are willing to put in the research and learn about your skin and what it needs based on your skin type, this is a great place to start without breaking the bank. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts