Weekly Meal Prep and Planning

Meal prepping can be so much fun. Firstly, because saving money is kinda fun. Secondly, because being prepared gives me the best kind of peace of mind. I've always tried to make extra for dinner or plan out lunches. But even that seems to feel like a lot of work after a while. So in the new year Tyler and I decided to make mason jar salads every week. Mason jars are airtight so the salads keep fresh all week. And we layer all the ingredients in so nothing is soggy or mushy by the time we eat the salads for lunch.




The first couple months we tried out various recipes and quickly found our favorites. Strawberry and Quinoa is a summer favorite. Cobb Salad is another yummy one. And any variation on a southwestern salad is sooo good. 

We pick two recipes a week and make four jars of each recipe. Lately we have been making one of the recipes vegetarian and we are really enjoying that as well. With being recovered from an eating disorder, food is a tricky thing. Making these salads every week helps immensely. I feel confident that I am making healthy choices everyday.

My other easy, go to lunch for busy days is a protein packed little snap-ware thing. Raw almonds, cubed chicken and cheddar cheese is perfect to snack on throughout the day and keep your energy up. If I'm in a hurry just almonds and cheese will get me through the day without turning into the hulk.

I hope this inspires you to take the time to meal prep a bit. I know this has helped keep my stress level down and its just one less thing to worry about during their week. 

Comments

Popular Posts