Cute Shoes for Bad Feet

I have bad feet. My ballet teacher told me this long ago and since then my physical therapist had also told me this. So it must be true. My PT also told me I needed to get better quality shoes with better arch support and I really need to let go of wanting them to be cute. Well.....I sure proved him wrong.

Firstly, Birkenstock.
Its an oldie but a goodie. I know they aren't the most fashionable sandal but they sure do have good arch support. And the break in time is tough but once you get past that they are the most comfortable thing ever!! ever!. My tip for breaking them in is to wear them in the morning while getting ready and at night while getting ready for bed. Just for a week or two till you get used to it. They come in so many colors and designs. I opted for the black suede straps. They go with everything. Aaaand once the bottoms of them wear out you can just buy new soles and have your old straps reattached. Yay saving money.




Dansko!
I resisted these for so long. They are bulky, ugly, clunky and frumpy. Oh I was so wrong and I actually just bought my second pair. The Dansko Deni Fringed Clog  s my absolute favorite. The open back is perfect to wear during summer or fall and the heel
is high enough while still being comfortable. I can work a full ten hour day on my feet in these puppies and my joints won't be in pain. I'd encourage you to explore the Dansko website and find a cute style for yourself. 




Inserts
Any three quarter length arch supporting insert will safe your feet. I like to use these for flats and loafers. They don't make them as comfortable as my investment shoes but the are better then no support at all. My favorite pair that I've added inserts to are my Asos Loafers. I think the key to finding good shoes that inserts will fit in is to make sure the heel is deep enough. 



Comments

Popular Posts