The Ordinary Foundation

I love it!!!!!! Oh sorry was that too soon?

Okay, The Ordinary is a really cool brand and they came out with two lines of foundation, a full coverage foundation and a serum foundation. At a really affordable price I couldn't pass them up. I ordered the serum foundation in two different colors. Now, I chose the Serum Foundation because when I do where face makeup I don't usually need anything too full coverage and this one sounded more hydrating. 




Texture
This is a very thin formula that soaks right into the skin making it even out skin tone but not sit on top of your skin and slide around. With my dry skin this is perfect right on top of my daily moisturizer. If you have more oily skin you might want to use an oil control primer and a powder to set. 


Color Match
The ordinary has an impressive shade range from fairly fair to quite deep. They also break down their shades to undertone as well as light to dark. This might be confusing to some. Everyone has a color undertone to their skin. This is the same undertone that makes certain colors look really good or bad on you.  I am a neutral to warm undertone. Warm tones usually translate to yellow or gold tones and these can go "orange" very quickly. My skin is much lighter in the winter then it is in the summer. So I was able to get a lighter and darker shade in the exact same undertone. Most days I mix the two and it's perfect. The other brand that breaks down their shade range like this is Cover FX




Overall I really like this foundation. It's is great for my skin and and the colors are just right. If you have the patience to figure out your correct shade then you should give this a try. 

Comments

Popular Posts