Fall Makeup

Hello Fall!!! I'm so excited you are here and not because of pumpkin flavored coffee, beer and literally everything, but because of pumpkin colored lipstick, rich brown smokey eyes and pretty nude blushes. The colors of fall ARE my colors. Ive loved the color orange since I was a kid (there may have been orange converse involved). Here on the central coast we only get a little Autumnal compared to the rest of the country. However this year I'm going on a trip to Boston to see a dear friend in October so I am especially pumped to break out some fall makeup and purchase some pieces I feel are lacking.

2017 Fall Trends

Blue
I'm an avid pinterest junkie and I've been seeing lots of cool things bright done with small pops of blue on the eyes. Sometimes its a bright blue waterline with a matte black winged liner. Other times its a simple dark blue lid that gives off some amazing 60's vibes. This might be a little too bright of a trend for me as I like to play and have fun in the neutral tone territory but maybe i'll step out of my comfort zone a bit this season.

Pink
Who doesn't love pink? There is a pink for everyone. cool toned pinks, bright pink, true red pink, warm pink and orangey pinks. They are all beautiful and are a good staple to have around. A lot of the shades I've been seeing are pretty neutral based and look like "your  lips but better". For me these kinds of shades are my year round staples...So I guess I'm giving into this trend?? My newest addition in this kind of color is the Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Liquified Lipstick in Puree. Apply very thinly and blend out with your finger....This stuff is super pigmented.



Burgundy Red
This one pops up every year and it's so classic and wonderful. I prefer to save the true cranberry red for Christmas time. So in the fall I go for a deep deep red without being too purple. Purple just isn't my color so any color with that cooler base is difficult for me to wear. The new L'Oréal Infallible Pro Matte Liquid lipstick in Stirred is perfect!!!!!! Not too purple, and not too dark.



My Fall Choices

Orange
To me orange is fall. Pumpkins, leaves, pumpkins..oh and leaves. During the summer I love wearing a bright orange based red or coral lipstick but these don't translate into fall too well so I was determined to find a burnt orange lipcolor. And I did!!! Smashbox Always On Matte Liquid Lipstick in Out Loud is what I found. Matte liquid lipsticks can be tricky to wear. I like to apply a thin layer of lip balm and apply the liquid lipstick on top of that. This trick does make the lipstick last less time, but I personally don't mind reapplying lipstick throughout the day.



Easing Up On The Blush
During the summer everyone wants to looked flushed and sunkissed. But not so much in the fall time. I like to switch from coral or peachy blushes to nearly nude blushes and sometimes only just bronzer. I love It Cosmetics Confidence In Your Glow Palettes. I have the Warm Glow one and I'm planning on picking up the Nude Glow palette for my fall makeup capsule. And my RMS Beauty Buriti Bronzer is my daily go to. For Slo locals this line is available at Len Collective (yay for supporting local business). On real lazy days I use this on my cheeks and pat some on my eyelids for a quick little look.


Brighten The Eyes
With fall comes heavier clothes, hats, and scarves (pardon me while I do an Autumnal happy dance). Darker colors naturally come with these things, at least for me. So I like to make sure I keep my eyes looking bright and light. My favorite way to do this is with a little highlight on my inner corner. The Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Eye Crayon Eyeliner in Champagne Shimmer has been my go to. You could use a shimmery powder or even your face highlighter but this eye pencil just lasts longer and is so easy to apply.


I'm working on a Fall time fashion post especially for us central coast dwellers that don't quite get the brisk biting air and mind blowing change in leaves. We still get to feel autumnal darn it.

Comments

Popular Posts