Fall Clothing Items I Live For

Ahhh autumn and fall clothing. Dressing for Fall is one of my favorite things. So here are the things I've added to my wardrobe for fall. A couple of these Items are upgrades for things that either don't fit anymore or have been well loved.

Big Over-Sized Scarf
My love for scarves has been ongoing for a long time. A big blanket scarf is a staple. My latest addition is a perfect soft pink scarf from Zara. This fabric in thin but tightly woven so it’s warm but you wing get overheated. I recently took it with me on vacation and it was a perfect lap blanket on the plane and folded up small enough to fit in my purse.

Leather (actually pleather, cuz I'm not rich) Jacket
This is such a staple in my wardrobe and I recently "grew" out of the my camel colored leather looking jacket. It was a great jacket but there were some flaws. So when shopping for a new one there were some specific things I was looking for. Pockets! Pockets are a must for jackets and my camel colored jacket was lacking this particular feature. A simple design was next on the list of requirements. Those shoulder strap things with the buttons on the tops of the shoulders that come on most "biker" jackets drive me nuts. Those strap things always catch on my purse straps and just are more bulk then I need. Good fit in the arms was the other thing I was really looking for in a Leather type jacket. And where did I find this oddly specific and hopefully reasonably priced jacket? Target.... yup, for $45 I found a super simple leather jacket with pockets and heavy duty stretchy panels for good fit. I did find this beloved gem in Targets Plus Sized section and I am at the bottom of their sizing scale. Great find, Great fit, and it kept me plenty warm in Boston when I was on vacation.


Light Weight Sweater
With living on the California's Central Coast it doesn't get too cold during fall. But there is a chill in the air on the most autumnal days (But of course while I'm writing this we are in the middle of a heat wave) so thin, lightweight sweaters get a lot of use in my Fall wardrobe. My most recent sweater addition is a thin gray V-neck from Zara with a raw detail on the hems. Sweaters are always always too long for me and this one is a great length. So if you are quite tall, this sweater might be too short for you. But if you are 5' 5" or shorter this sweater has a nice length. Reasonably priced sweater I"m hoping to get a solid two seasons wear out of it.


Trench Coat
I love the look of a trench coat on a billowy fall day. It doesn't get quite cold enough for a full length trench coat so I bought a gently used Old Navy trench coat from Thread Up and got it tailored into a trench jacket. It went from hanging below my knees to hitting just below my hips. And as always the sleeves are too long so I have cuffed them to show a bit of wrist (scandalous I know). I really love this addition and I think I'll get a lot of wear out of this for a long long time.


Leather Booties
I always have a super comfy pair of ankle leather booties on hand. I've had a very rugged looking pair of boots from Teva for the last two years and I think I've worn them four days a week for at least 8-9 months out of the year for the last 2 years. Needless to say they are on their last leg and need some replacing. While in Sacramento visiting a friend and doing some thrifting I found a beautiful pair of green Leather booties from Lucky Brand. They literally looked like new even though I found them at a thrift store. Unfortunately with my foot being broken I have been unable to break these in but I can't wait!!


Comments

Popular Posts