My Tattoos Were Always Meant To Be There

I have tattoos and I've always known I was gonna have tattoos. I don't know if everyone with tattoos feels this way but the earliest I can remember wanting permanent art on my body is when I was 10. I remember feeling like something was missing on the top of my left foot, having no idea what was meant to be there


Number 1

On the top of my left foot is a little girl about to be swept away while holding a balloon, but her feet are only just on the ground. Below the little girl are my sisters initials. My sister has the same tattoo only with my initials. We are the only daughters in our family and together we balance each other out and keep the other grounded when life can sweep us off into the clouds. This tattoo means so much to me and is a daily reminder of the magical bond between sisters.



Number 2

On my other foot I have a swoopy little anchor that I got with three of the most beautiful women I know. We all lived in a really cool house that was affectionately known as The Pirate Ship  and we are The Pirate Ship Girls. We all have an anchor that is personalized to us. This tattoo is a reminder of such a fun time in life and the life long friendships I've made. Love my Pirate Ship Girls forever!!!!!!!



Number 3

My third tattoo is my largest and the one I've worked the hardest for. On my upper forearm on my right arm I have the most beautiful lotus flower with an unalome symbol. This is my eating disorder tattoo. The Lotus is a symbol for beauty, rebirth and strength. And the unalome symbol is all about the journey and struggle through life towards enlightenment. My struggle and battle with Anorexia has been a huge lesson. I've learned so much strength and realized my own beauty. In these things I need constant reminders. I'm proud of my recovery and I love my tattoo so much.



Number 4

The is the latest addition is the cutest little coffee cup with some lipstick on the rim. I love coffee. That is all. I was feeling a little imbalance in my body when it came to my tattoos and I've always wanted a coffee inspired tattoo so here it is.



Tattoos are not for everyone. Any permanent decision should be thoroughly thought out and researched. And if you are someone that strongly feels they will never get a tattoo, that is totally fine. This is art and personal expression.  

Comments

Popular Posts