What I packed in my Carry On for vacation

I recently went on vacation and I went to Boston for a few days, then I went to Orlando all in the same trip. Two very different climates and one suitcase. And I really wanted to keep it all in a carry-on. Layers and thin fabrics was my strategy and this is what I packed.

Four tank tops
I brought two high neck Free People tank tops in green and blue. Two Asos Swing Tanks in grey and black. I figured these would be what I would mostly wear in Florida and I could layer them underneath a cardigan in Boston. This plan worked perfectly.

Two T-shirts
Striped t-shirts are always a go-to of mine so I brought two of them with me. A navy and cream striped tee. And an orange and white cropped tee. I wore the cream and navy with a neck scarf and a denim jacket in Boston. And I wore the orange one with black shorts while in Florida. (Yes, that's my handsome man of a boyfriend in that photo)

Two pairs of jeans
Had to bring jeans with me to wear in Boston and I brought my Levis 311 in a dark and light wash. The 311 style is a shaping skinny jean and it is so so so comfortable. I wore these on my plane from Boston to Florida and was pretty comfortable the whole way. These I think are marketed as mid rise but on me they lean more towards a high rise denim which means I have to wear a belt with these. But I usually have to wear a belt with pretty much all my jeans. Just the curse of have big hips, butt and a smaller waist. I've accepted this as a fact of life. Also these jeans were skinny enough to wear while wearing my walking boot because, yes, my foot was still broken on while on vacation.

Two pairs of shorts
Two pairs of shorts came with me to wear while in Florida. I brought Target's Massimo shorts in a midi length and in a mid tone denim and black. When it comes to shorts I prefer to wear them a bit larger then I would wear my jeans. I don't like the shorts to fit too tight on my thighs...cuz showing skin is already out of my comfort zone and if things are fitting tight them I'm even more uncomfortable. This fit from target actually covers my bum and they are my go to for shorts.

Two dresses
In Boston we saw a play and I wanted to wear something nicer then jeans to the theater. And in Florida I wanted to have a comfy dress to wear in the humid weather. A long sleeve green body con type dress came with me to wear Boston. This dress is from H&M from their Basics line. These are so comfortable and easy to style up for nicer occasions and dress down for casual occasions you want to look extra cute for. The other dress I brought is a simple striped short sleeved dress that I found at a thrift store years ago. Super comfy and easy to wear.

Two sweaters
Two grey sweaters came with me...cuz I gotta have my neutrals. An awesome lightweight and light grey sweater from Zara was my first choice. And for my second sweater I brought a darker grey cardigan from H&M's basics line again. I was so glad I brought this cardigan. It was great to wear a tank top underneath in Boston and to hold onto and pop on when in highly air conditioned buildings in Florida.

Two Jackets
I brought a leather jacket and a denim jacket with me on this trip. I really didn't wear these in Florida at all and I felt a little silly bringing two jackets for a few day trip but I was so glad I did!! The day we were exploring the city on foot it really wasn't that cold and I wore a t-shirt, neckerchief and my denim jacket. Such a perfect outfit for the day of exploring. But later that night when we went out I was very glad to have my heavier leather jacket.

One Pair of Leggings
Gotta be comfy on the plane for those longer flights so I totally splurged on a pair of Lululemon leggings. I know I know these things are stupid expensive but they are also stupid comfortable. I'm so glad I bought these and I wear them all the time now. Great for wearing on long flights and relaxing evenings at our AirBnB in Florida. Tyler and I are pretty chill vacation people so I was glad to have these with me.

One Scarf
If I had it my way I would take a whole extra suitcase filled with scarves, but alas you are only allowed one carry on and I don't want to fuss with checked baggage.  So I brought my new pink scarf from Zara. It's just the right amount of warmth while still being thin and folds up small. And this was perfect to have on the flight as a lap blanket or even folded up like a pillow.

One Beanie
To round everything out I brought along a beanie in my most favorite mustard color. Once again this hat is warm but folds up nice and small. And it makes a nice pop of color to go with all my super neutral pieces.




Comments

Popular Posts