My current makeup bag - November

We are now deep into fall and here is what's been living in my makeup bowl lately.

Sephora Collection Make No Mistake Foundation and Concealer Stick.
And the award for longest product name ever.....goes to this beauty. Its a stick foundation and its really awesome. Creamy enough to blend out with a brush or your fingers. It isn't thick or cakey. Not drying on the skin at all, actually dewy enough for me to powder and look good all day. I keep a darker color to use as a contour/bronzer and a shade that matches my skin tone. Love love love this stuff.

Hourglass Powders
Talk about hype, these products get raved about so much on YouTube and by beauty gurus everywhere. They say they are lightweight beautiful face powders that add a healthy glow without looking sparkly and glittery. So I picked up little ones from Sephora since the full sizes are $50 each!!! $50! The minis are $22  I picked up the Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light. Guys, this powder is stunning. I can use it all over my face or just to set and brighten my under eye area. so pretty. And this little size is lasting me a while as I don't usually use it to set my whole face. The other powder I got in the mini is the Ambient Lighting Bronzer in Radiant Bronze Light and I'm totally buying a full size in this puppy. Such a healthy glow!!! Lately I've been doing a cream bronzer the the Sephora stick and doing this powder over it and sometime I just stare at my skin and cant believe how pretty these make it look.

Becca Luminous Blush
This was a recent rediscovery. Wedding season has come to an end for me and while cleaning out my kit I took stock of what I most use on clients and this blush was something I never use on clients but it looks great on me. So I took it out of my kit and put it in my personal makeup bowl. Its such a pretty and like the name suggests perfectly luminous blusher. The color I am currently using is Snapdragon.

Becca Shimmering Skin Perfecter 
As far as highlights go, this one is stunning and build-able.  So its really pretty with a light hand but you can build it up to be a pretty strong highlight on the cheekbone. I also like to lightly apply it to my nose and cupids bow (just in case you don't know, the cupids bow is the little peaks on your top lip right below your nose.). It also makes a great inner corner highlight or quick eye shadow. I keep this shade in my pro kit but its in a limited edition palette along with other colors that look great on everybody.

Clinique Lash Power Long Wearing Mascara
This mascara is a truly long wearing formula while still being really comfortable. Its supposed to be a lengthening mascara and this is a great mascara for when I have a lash lift and when my lift has faded. I have pretty sensitive eyes and long wearing or waterproof mascaras that get quite crunchy can really really make my eyeballs itch. This one doesn't and its an absolute miracle. Annndd its pretty reasonably priced for such a great brand. I'm more then willing to pay $18 every three months for such a great mascara.

Sephora Collection Lash Craft Length & Volume
Another mascara.. I know. My lash lift is pretty much completely gone so I am curling my lashes till I get it redone in a couple weeks for the holidays. This has been a great mascara to help hold curl and really give me some vavavoom partay lashes. I got the mini size, because I just know I won't use up a full size before it goes bad. And again This one doesn't irritate or make my eyeballs itchy. So thumbs up from me.

Glossier Wowder
Since my skin has been really balanced and leaning more towards normal then dry (except on my body and scalp. That skin is still very, very, painfully dry) I've been using a face powder to set my makeup. This one has quickly become a favorite. It sets my makeup without sticking to any texture and the packaging doesn't make a mess or anything. All loose powder needs to come in this packaging.

Nyx Tinted Brow Mascara
I ran out of my Essense brow gel and found this in my stash and thought I'd use this up before purchasing something new. And its been such a great rediscovery. This has a good amount of pigment. The applicator is quite large so I really only use the tip of it on the inside of my brow and lay down the applicator at the tail of the brow for more product and better hold. Solid brow gel for a great price.






Comments

Popular Posts