Beauty Subscription Boxes...Which Ones Are Worth It

Boxycharm
I've been subscribed to this box for almost a year now and it is so great. For $21 a month you get a box with 5 full sized beauty products. As a makeup artist I especially like this box because if something doesn't work for me personally I can put it in my kit to use on other people. Although most products are pretty universal. You also get makeup brushes every now and again, the ones I've received over the last year are now some of my favorites. You also occasionally get a couple of skincare bits. Last year there was Really expensive face scrub and it is so great.




Ipsy
This is a $10 a month subscription and you get deluxe samples of mostly makeup as well as a themed reusable pouch. This was a really fun subscription box for a few months but after a while I got kinda tired of tiny products of not the best quality. The products also all come in very cute, themed pouches each month. So again, awesome little bonus, but after a few months you have more pouches then you know what to do with. 

FabFitFun
This one is a seasonal Subscription box for $49.99. There are always some beauty products in each box but this is more of a lifestyle box. I've gotten coffee mugs, water bottles, scarves, hats, body lotion, gummy vitamins and so many other things that really get you in the mood for the season. This is a fantastic subscription box. I had it for a year and now I'm taking a break from it. I tend to be an impulse buyer and especially at the change of seasons. This box helped bring that shopaholic urge down. I still got some goodies to play with but I only paid fifty bucks instead of the cumulative two hundred or so I would wind up impulsively spending. This box was a great help but now I'm taking a break.




Birchbox
This is my least favorite subscription box. I hate being negative, so lets call this a ver honest opinion. Birchbox is a monthly subscription for $10 a month, very similar to Ipsy. Yes, you get higher end makeup in Birchbox then in Ipsy but that doesn't mean they are better. The samples you get are truly samples, almost not enough product to really tell if you like it. My other main beef with Birchbox is that I got a lot of skincare in my boxes (once again, very tiny samplings). I repeatedly asked for less skincare and would wind up receiving more. I love skincare but I do not need teeny tiny samples every month. If you haven't guessed by now I cancelled this subscription and just felt like there were better options out there with more bang for the buck.

Sephora Play
Yes, Sephora has a subscription service. This one is $10 monthly and you get five deluxe samples and one perfume samples. With each bag you get a card that give you 50 extra points with a purchase made within that month. This really is the best monthly subscription service in the $10 category. The sample sizes are perfect. Sometimes I got samples of some of my favorite products and it was so nice to have a small size of ready to go for travel. There is also a good balance of skincare and makeup. I don't wear perfume that much, simply because I work closely with people and a lot of people have allergies. My sister however, loves perfume so I always gave my perfume samples to her. I really liked the service but after a while I found myself going into Sephora every month to buy one thing in order to get my extra points. So bear that in mind when subscribing.



Comments

Popular Posts