Holiday Party Makeup

I'm sure everyone has at least one or maybe even five holiday parties to go to this month. Some of them might be fancy and others might be more on the casual side. I'll be talking about how to do your makeup for a fancier party.

First thing to take into consideration is what you are wearing. My usual rule is when I'm wearing color in my outfit I keep my lips and cheeks pretty neutral and if I'm wearing a neutral (black, grey, silver...ect.) I go bright or bold on the lips. Otherwise my go to fancy makeup is pretty much the same every time. Oh and if I'm going out in the evening after a day at work I usually wash off all my makeup and start over, but if you don't have time for that it'll all be okay and you are still a fabulous bad-ass. 

Base
I keep my base business as usual. I prime with a very very......very thin layer of facial oil. Then I'd go in with my Sephora Make No Mistakes Concealer and Foundation Stick and blend out with a pretty densely packed face brush. If I'm feeling fancy (which I would be cuz..partaaaayyy) I'll go in and contour with a deeper shade of the same product. I love doing this because the two products will blend together so well. Then I'd conceal under my eye with my RMS Beauty Concealer. Then I'd powder with either my Glossier Wowder or my Wet-n-Wild Photo Focus Powder depending on how dewy I'm looking. Lately I've been using the Wet-n-Wild powder (which sets to a pretty Matte finish) and then I go in at the end with an illuminating setting spray. 


Eyes 
I keep the eyes really really simple, you guys are probably going to be mildly surprised. First I use my face powder to set the eye area. Then I take a neutral transition shade into my crease, usually just whatever bronzer I've been using. Then I take a matte chocolaty brown all over my lid, taking care to not go into the crease. Blend that crease one more time overthe edges of that chocolate brown. Next (here comes the magic) I take a shimmery shadow and I dab it onto the center of the lid not working it into to inner or outer corners keep the shimmr in the center. I've been using a shadow from Dior, this was a big splurge for me so a more affordable option is Loreal's Infallible Paints Eyeshadow (I'd suggest the gold or silver color). Then I take a bit that brown down onto my lower lash line, just smudging it in. Next I pack on the mascara and brow gel and move onto the face color. 

Face
I go all out on the face. bronzer first, making sure to not go down to the "beard" area as I like to call it. Nobody wants a bronzer beard. Next is the highlight, taking it right on the top of the cheekbone and on the bridge of the nose. I also like to take a bit of this right under my eyebrow to highlight. Then blush, I like to keep the blush pretty neutral with a look like this. And if you can imagine your contour/bronzer and highlight in a "V" shape the blush goes right in the wedge of that "V" and gets blended out real good. 

Lips
Express yourself!!! try a couple different colors out, but mainly I'd consider what formula you'd want to use. A long wearing formula will obviously last you all night, but make sure you are comfortable in the lipstick. If you use a more traditional cream lipstick, you'll just have to probably reapply throughout the evening. Just some food for thought.

Lastly I've been absolutely loving the Cover FX Illuminating Setting Spray. Word of caution with this stuff, shake it really really well otherwise you will look like a disco ball. Otherwise this spray truly sets everything down while still making your skin glow. For everyday looks I've actually stopped wearing highlighter as often because I've been using this everyday. 

Comments

Popular Posts