Things I Accomplished Last Year

Looking back on this year I did a lot that I set my mind to and I am pretty darn proud of myself so I thought I'd share with you all

Got Back on Stage
I grew up performing musical theater and stopped when I was 19 because of work and school and finding my career. But last January I started rehearsals for a production of Guys and Dolls and I got back on stage. I danced, sang and had so much fun. My younger brother was also in the production with me, so we got to spend some awesome time together. I also made new friendships that are now so dear to my heart (you know who you are). This was an experience I wouldn't trade for anything, but it is also not something I see myself doing very often. I'd absolutely love to be in a play sometime soon but it might be a few years before I do another musical.

Moved Into My Own Apartment
Living on my own and by myself has always been a goal of mine and it happened this year!!! I was living in a house with an awesome housemate. It was close enough to my work that I could walk there and it was nice to have a whole house for a bit, but it was still not having a place to myself. I knew someone who was moving out of their studio and they put my name in as a tenant recommendation........and I got the apartment. It is by no means a glamorous apartment but it is just me and it is all mine. This is such a huge goal of mine that I've accomplished

Started This Blog 
Starting this blog wasn't something I set out to do to in 2017 but I'm so glad that it happened. A friend jokingly suggested that I publish my beauty knowledge and I took the idea and ran with it. After some thinking and discussing I decided to include body positive and mental health content as well as makeup and beauty info. A lot of the time people that are into beauty things have issues with feeling confident. We try to find the answer in products and new techniques and while those things can help they are not the end all be all answer. Community, support systems, kindness and finding your own strength. So grateful for this platform and opportunity.

Traveled to the East Coast
I've always wanted to travel and this year I traveled to the east coast to see a dear friend in Boston and to see my sister in Florida. And oh boy have I caught the wanderlust bug. Boston was beautiful and Florida was so much fun. Very glad I'm at a place in life where I can plan trips and take vacations. It definitely feels like in years past I was a total slave to work and school. So coming up on this point both in my life and my career is like taking a deep breath.


Can't wait to see what 2018 has in store. Happy New Years!!!

Comments

Popular Posts