Spring Capsule Wardrobe Planning

Even though it is still winter for most of the world, spring is just around the corner for me here on the central coast of California. And that means taking stock of my wardrobe, looking at styles I'd like to give a go and some very strategic, and specific shopping. 

First thing on my spring shopping list is new jeans. A couple pairs recently gave out on me (yeah I wore them till there were holes in places there should never be holes) so I am wanting to replace them with some high rise jeans that fit well in the bum region of things. I'm thinking a slim to skinny leg and one pair of flares. Target is carrying an exciting range of denim that I cannot wait to try on and explore. But Levi's Shaping line is just soooo good. I currently own one pair of high rise jeans and they are a little too high rise for my short little body. So this might be a tricky item to find that fits just right but that's why I'm starting my search early


Next on the list is a flowy, effortless midi skirt. I actually own a very over sized maxi skirt that I'm planning on taking into my seamstress to bring in the waist and shorten to look like these. I found this skirt at a thrift store for $5 and the alterations are probably going to be $15. That sounds like a deal to me. If I like how this type of item styles with the rest of my wardrobe I might look into a wrap midi skirt, but we'll start out with my thrifty find first


Onto my third item on my spring shopping list, cropped, wrap tops (to go with my high rise jeans obviously). Again, I actually already have an Item like this that I found at a Marshall's for so cheap. I love the look this kind of top with high rise pants because it makes your legs look so long. The one I own is quite a floral pattern, which is kinda weird for me but I really like it, so I wouldn't mind finding a more boho take on this top in a solid color. Not a must have but I'll keep my eyes peeled for a deal. 


A girl always needs more shoes....right? Actually I do though. My love affair with loafers is far from over. I wear my black ones a minimum of three times a week and I just feel like I need a rich brown option for spring. The Bass G.H. Penny Loafer is a solid classic, but I'm going to do a little research to see if I can find the style I'm looking for with the arch and heel support my crazy feet need. If I can't find that the Bass Loafer is definitely comfortable enough, I'll just have to wear a 3/4 shoe insert for standing on my feet all day. 


Lastly I would like to find a simple pendant necklace that is on a longer chain then my gold bar necklace is on. So I went into the jewelers next to my work and talked to them about what I was looking for. They measured the bar necklace I was referring to and told me I am looking for an 20 inch chain. They'll keep their eyes open for something in my price range and in the meantime I am now a really educated shopping and will not settle for less then I am looking for. 



This may seem like a lot to be shopping for, but the goal is to shop at the beginning of each season with very specific items in mind and not shop for the rest of that season. I already have a short list of things I'll need for summer but most of these items can carry over and be a part of my summer and probably fall 2018 wardrobes. That's the thing about living in a pretty temperate climate.....you kinda wear the same thing year round. Hope this inspires you to research and build a shopping list with specific things you're looking for. New clothes can make you feel pretty for a moment, but make sure that moment happens every single time you put those clothes on. 


Comments

Popular Posts