Makeup and Skincare Wishlist (hoping to purchase in the next 6 months)

My last blog post was all about things I'm not going to buy. And I talked about my minimalist journey a bit. My approach to minimalism is living with intention (yes, I'll be doing a dedicated blog post on this topic). This means that I'm still a makeup and skincare lover, I'm just going to be specific about what I purchase. And here is what's on my list heading into spring and summer.

Peter Thomas Roth Hungarian Thermal Water Mineral-Rich Atomic Heat Mask
I keep reading and re-reading reviews of this product and I really really want to add this to my skincare routine. Finding a cleansing mask that isn't too harsh on dry to sensitive skin is so difficult. I've had one particular exfoliating mask actually chemically burn my skin (ouch). This one is supposed to be very very gentle and comforting. It is a warming mask, which means as it activates and has a warming sensation on the skin. This makes your skin cells do a little dance and come more to the surface. Update: I purchased This.....oh yeah. 

Hungarian Thermal Water Mineral-Rich Atomic Heat Mask - Peter Thomas Roth | Sephora

Fresh Black Tea Kombucha Facial Treatment Essence
I am currently using a hydrating treatment from Aveda but when that runs out I want to give this product a go. It'll be summer by the time i get around to replacing that type of product in my routine and I think I'd like a more active treatment to layer with my moisturizers. But not as active as my lactic acids. This sounds just right. 

Black Tea Kombucha Facial Treatment Essence - Fresh | Sephora

Marc Jacobs Beauty Enamored Hi-Shine Lip Lacquer Lipgloss
I already own one of these in the color Forbidden Fruit and I simply want more colors. But as these are not a cheap lipgloss that requires saving up to add more of these to my collection. This formula is great. Not drying at all. And it wears off perfectly. Some lip glosses wear off in weird chunks, but not this one. Love this stuff. 

↠ ᴘɪɴᴛᴇʀᴇsᴛ: @ʜᴏʟʟʏᴇɢʀᴀʏ ↞

The Body Shop Ethiopian Honey Deep Nourishing Mask
I ordered little samples of this mask to try out as a moisturizing mask to use after I physically exfoliate my face or if it is simply having a rough time. And oh boy, when I run out of those samples I am totally buying a full size jar. I really didn't want to invest too much in a product like this and at $28 for a tub I think that's pretty good. 

Ethiopian Honey Deep Nourishing Face Mask | The Body Shop ®

Side Rant about Sheet Masks:
Yes, I could totally use sheet masks for this purpose but I don't really like most sheet masks. My face is usually too small for them, so then the product gets in my hair. Then I need to wash my hair. and most sheet masks $2-$5 each. That adds up to so much. I like them for traveling because they don't have to be in your liquids bag on airplane and they are just comp[at and easy to pack. I would much rather buy a jar of a mask product for at home use. 
Okay, rant over.

KOREAN MASK ESSENTIALS

Ulta Luxe Aromatherapy Shower Tablets
I do not have a bath tub in my apartment, which means I don't get to use bath bombs or bath salts. I would really love to still get the relaxation benefits though. So I'll probably be giving these babies a go in the near future. I believe other brands make these too so I'll keep my eyes peeled for them. 

Not unlike having your own steam room.

Fenty Beauty Foundation
I have now tried three different products from Rihanna's epic cosmetic brand and they have all been lip products (and yes, I have loved all of them). Next I really want to try her foundation. It has been marketed as a matte foundation so I immediately wrote it off as not for me. But after seeing reviews I think it might actually be just right for my dry skin if I want a more "satin" finish to my skin. I will always love my RMS Beauty base products but I like to have something on hand more full coverage for days or events when I just need more. Plus I want to support such a shade inclusive brand. We need more inclusivity in this world. 

Rihanna's Fenty Beauty Products Drop Today — & We Tried Them First #refinery29 http://www.refinery29.com/2017/09/171310/rihanna-fenty-beauty-sephora-new-products-2017#slide-1

Comments

Popular Posts