Face Masks

I've talked about what "good skincare" is before and I'll talk about it again. Because for me skincare has always been a challenge and taking care of myself is kinda a big part of my mental health. So today we are talking about face masks. My favorites. How I use them. How often I use them. Ect.



Peter Thomas Roth Hungarian Thermal Water Rich Atomic Heat Mask

So many cleansing masks are so strong, too strong for my dry, sensitive skin and this stuff is so unique and gentle. You apply this product to clean dry skin, really massage it in and let it sit for 3 minutes at most. Then you massage it in with wet hands, that's when the "thermal" bit happens. I like to activate it in sections. After it has warmed up and exfoliated your skin you rinse it off and carry on with the usual skincare steps. I love that this mask doesn't take long at all. I apply it before taking a shower and activate it, then rinse it off in the shower. It is so relaxing. I use this mask at least twice a week.



Mario Badeschu Flower and Tonic Mask

I've tried various clay masks to help with some skincare congestion I tend to get in my T-zone area and they are all so drying and too strong. I mean, they work, technically, just maybe too well. This stuff is just the right amount of clarifying and deep cleansing without taking everything away. I use it maybe once a week on my chin and nose (my forehead too when I don't have bangs).



The Body Shop Ethiopian Honey Nourishing Mask

So after all these cleansing masks my skin is feeling a bit rough and red, having a soothing, hydrating and nourishing mask on hand is so nice. I tried out a few before deciding on purchasing a full size of this one. What I didn't like about the others I tried is I didn't feel enough of a result for the price tag. If I buy a $50 mask I want to really see some results. Otherwise I'm happy to use this Mask which is very reasonable priced in the $20 range of things. I also loved the idea of a mask being honey based. Honey naturally has so many good ingredients. Not to mention anti inflammation properties. Who doesn't want less inflammation.



Burt's Bees Rejuvinating Eye Masks

When I first saw these in the store I figured they would be just like other eye pads I've received in various subscriptions boxes. Usually eye pads are silicone things that have been sitting in "product", they have a cooling affect and that's about it. These from Burt's Bees are nothing like that. They are mesh eye pads that are soaked in various oils. They still have a cooling affect, and leave my under eyes so soft and plump. I use these when I'm especially tired or dry or if I just need some extra pampering.


Karuna Hydrating Mask

I don't purchase sheet masks all that often. They are great for travel because its just a little packet and it really doesn't add to you TSA liquids bag. So my favorite sheet masks are from Karuna. I originally received these in a subscription box and used them up and repurchased more. These don't really get used up at home but I like to have them on hand for any random weekend away.

Thanks for reading and simply stay pretty.

Comments

Popular Posts