What Beauty Trends I'm Willing To Give A Go

Trends come and go every year and every season. There is no law that says you have to wear every trend every season. But it it is nice to take note and find inspiration. So here are the Spring trends I've noticed that I'll give a go this year. In my own way of course. No need to invest in something that you might only like for a season. So I prefer to find things second hand and re-purpose products in inventive ways. And even though it is raining and cold as I post this you gotta prepare for spring before it arrives. Getting excited for warmer weather and a chance to mix up my wardrobe and makeup looks.

Pops Of Pattern
I've always resisted patterns (except for stripes..duh) but this kind of larger floral pattern has peaked my interest. Not too sure if I can pull it off on a whole dress like this picture. I do however think I can totally pull this off on a top. And I found a top a couple months ago that has a black base and green flowers on it. Bonus trend, cuz the top I bought is also a wrap top. Super excited for it to be warm enough to start wearing it. 
Reformation's CEO, Yael Aflalo, told us which spring 2018 trends to invest in. Shop them here.  

The Short Sleeve Button Down
I already love my flannel and silk type button down blouses. I usually wear them with the sleeves rolled up to a 3/4 sleeve length, but I love this look of boxy, slightly oversized short sleeve version. There are some really cute ones on Everlane that I'm considering. Otherwise I'm keeping my eyes open for something on ThreadUp and at my local thrift stores. I prefer to not invest in pieces that might not be a year round staple.

Alex S Yu Spring/Summer 2018 Ready To Wear | British Vogue

Almost Sweaty Looking Skin
Glowy skin is always a warm weather trend but this year the trend of skin not quite glowing but almost glistening, sweaty skin is in. I love it!!! I've been achieving this by priming my face with a light layer of facial oil and then not powdering after foundation. The other product that has help me partake in this beauty trend is the RMS Master Mixer cream highlight. I've always applied this cream highlight to the tops of my cheekbones, but now I apply it to the bridge of my nose and right outside the corners of my mouth. This gives such a gorgeous healthy glow. 

spring summer 2018 hair #makeup trends

Mono Color Metallic Eyes
I'm all about the simple (hence the name of this blog) and I love that a monochromatic eye look is "in" right now. In my opinion the trick to this look is well blended edges of the shadow and to make sure the shadow isn't applied too far past the crease of the eye. I like to apply whatever product I'm using to just my lid with my finger and then blend out the edges with a clean, fluffy eye brush.

2018 Makeup Trend: Metallic #makeup #makeupartist #mua #inspiration #trend #trending #makeuptrend #2018 #2018makeuptrends #eyeliner #smokeyeye #lipstick #highlight #contour #makeupaddict #makeupjunkie

Pops of Orange
Orange has always been one of my favorite colors. When I was a kid I used to tell people that I wasn't obsessed with orange.....I was very dedicated to it. And now that orange tones are full on trending in makeup I couldn't be more excited. Especially when it comes to blush. I tried out a couple of cream blushes but then I realized I already own plenty of orange toned lipsticks. So I pulled a couple out and it works perfectly. I didn't have to buy any new products and I get to look all fresh. 

Makeup Trends 2018 - 17 beauty looks to try this year

Comments

Popular Posts