Current Favorite Lip Colors

When I first started wearing makeup it all started with lip balm in crazy colors and weird flavors. I couldn't get enough of them. Anybody else remembers Lip Smackers? Well I've moved on to big girl lip balms and now some of them have colors. Here are some of my current favorites lip colors.



Ilia Tinted Lip Conditioner with SPF 15
The only part of my face that sunburns is my lips and I was so excited to find this product that gives an effortless wash of color and protects my lips from the damaging rays of glorious sunshine. So now I can lounge on the beach without worrying about sunburns and still look good. Not that I look terrible without a lip color on, I just feel better with some color.

Aveda Lipsticks (new formula)
I work at a salon that sells Aveda products, so I'm a little biased, but they recently re-formulated their lipstick formula and it is so much better. The previous formula was good too, just not perfect. They've always been moisturizing but the pigment didn't last as long as I wanted. So with this newer formula it is still moisturizing but the color leaves a bit of a stain behind that lasts a long time. They've also revamped their colors and they are all so bright and true to tone. My two favorites are Bronzed Pecan (an absolutely perfect nude) and Sweet Pitaya (a deep pink without being a berry shade).



Bobbi Brown Crushed Lipcolor
These babies released last year and I immediately picked up two shades, they are year round staples. Beyond easy application and perfect amount of moisture. The shade Babe is a great bright spring color. I find myself not wearing this shade during winter and fall so its coming out of makeup storage for spring and summertime.



RMS Lip2Cheek
This is one of my favorite formulas and I picked it up in a new shade, a rich berry color called Diabolique. This gives me the perfect "just flushed" juicy look to lips and cheeks. When it is first applied there is a bit of sheen and shine but as it wears off you still have a bit of stain left so it doesn't look like you have any less of a face. I work in front of mirrors all day so when I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror and I can still see my lip color it makes me so happy. There are definitely days when I glance up and all I see is smeared mascara, pale face and pale lips. I can totally look like the walking dead after a busy day at work when I forget to really glance in the mirror half way through the day. All this to say that with spring here and everything in bloom I am gonna do my best to not feel or look like death re-heated.



Thanks for reading and simply stay pretty.

Comments

Popular Posts