Four-ish Month Goals Check in

It is April and usually by now I've forgotten all about my new years re-commitments but this year has been kinda different. And I've gotta say I'm real proud of myself. This year I didn't make crazy promises to myself about exercising every day!! Lose ten pounds by Valentines! Stop eating fried food! And things like that. I made myself small promises with an intention to grow that into a big promise that will eventually help me in my life, health and general wellness.



Habit building
I've talked about this idea before. Its the idea of being consistent in small habits and building your way up to big life changing habits. A couple small habits I've been working on are making my bed every day and drinking a glass of water before coffee. Making the bed everyday is so nice. I live in a studio apartment and if my bed isn't made the whole place looks messy. Having a clean space just makes thinking and setting an intention for the day much easier. And drinking more water is never a bad thing. I found myself arriving to work with a headache and couldn't figure out why. Then I'd remember that I hadn't drunk any water up to that point in the day. Drinking a glass of water is such a simple habit but it has had such a huge impact. Another habit I've been working on putting all my glasses back into their cases. I find myself replacing sunglasses more often then I'd like, so I'm keeping them safe in their cases.



Consistent exercise (Get Healthier)
I've tried out a few apps on my phone to help me exercise more often and stay on track but I think I've found "the one" for me. I've discovered an app called The 7 Minute Workout and this has helped me exercise on a more consistent basis. I believe the initial purchase of this app is $2 and you can purchase more workouts as you go. The one workout that the app comes with is a really basic workout (jumping jacks, crunches, push-ups ect.). There are certain exercises that are simply too much for my wrists and I just modify as I go. Instead of push-ups I lie on the ground and basically do chest presses with free weights. I've also gone through the 7 minutes and just done different boxing movements for a more cardio workout. And if I have extra time I'll do the 7 minutes twice. This has been great for weeks when weather is not suitable for a bike ride to work.

A friend and I have also been going on weekly hikes and it has been so wonderful to get out in the sunshine and sweat a bit.



Make Time For Time Off
I feel like I've really succeeded at this one so far. I went on a road-trip with my dad and brother to Portland, Oregon and we had so much fun. Tyler and I took a weekend in the Bay Area to visit some friends. And I'm taking the last weekend in April off to celebrate Tyler's Birthday. I'm really excited for summer to get here so we can get some chill days in at the beach.



So this is how I'm doing on the goals I've set for myself and I'm thinking I might set some new goals and challenges for myself starting in May and I will keep you posted.

Thanks for reading and simply stay pretty.



Comments

Popular Posts