How I Packed For a Weekend Roadtrip

I recently went away on a roadtrip with my brother and dad to Portland to check out a college for my brother. And packing for a weekend road trip was a bit tricky but I feel pretty good about how I did. First thing I did when packing was look at how the weather was gonna be and check with my Dad and brother on what activities we would be doing (other then sitting in a car and driving for 14 hours). So the weather was meant to be a bit colder then I'm used to and we were gonna do some sight seeing around Portland and stopping by the snow on our way home. My brother and I also really wanted to do some thrift shopping, so I wanted to leave room in my bag for any purchases.



Since we would be in a car for extended periods of time I definitely wanted to pack very comfy things for the drive. So I packed two pairs of leggings and a pajama type top that is a bit longer so I would still feel okay getting out of the car at rest stops.


"always pack cute, because no matter what you will end up wearing what you feel good in" I can't remember who told me this, but it is sooooooo true. So I made sure to pack jeans that I felt really good in. I wound up packing a pair of Universal Thread High Rise Skinny Jeans in a dark wash and a black pair of Levi's 312 Shaping Slim jeans. I love Levi's Shaping line. The denim is so soft, with enough stretch, but it keeps its shape very nicely.



For tops, I wanted to bring things that were cute, versatile, colorful and comfy. First choice was my new Everlane long sleeve boxy tee. The fabric is so soft, and it is surprisingly warm. Next was my trusty cashmere boyfriend fit sweater that a friend gave me. I knew I would be cold since I'm a wimpy California girl and nothing like cashmere to keep you toasty. And lastly I brought a colorful striped sweater I picked up at H&M. I love the colors in this sweater so much. When I brought it home my boyfriend looked at it and said "well that was made for you" 



Outerwear. As a wimpy Californian I am wildly unprepared for cold weather. So I brought my heaviest coat that I got from H&M a couple years ago, it's supposed to be a wool blend and it did keep me warm enough. I also brought my "rain jacket"I use that term loosely, but I wanted to at least be mildly prepared for the Oregon rain (which oddly enough never happened for our two days there). Lastly I packed my trust pink Zara scarf. This scarf is big enough to serve as a blanket when I would be stuck in the car, but warm enough for when I'd be out and about and it folds up quite small. This was also the scarf I packed for my Boston trip last year. Best scarf for travel. 

And finally I packed two pairs of shoes. My brown boots that I sprayed with Scotch Guard so that they would be slightly weather resistant. And my Converse. These both are really comfortable shoes that I could drive in comfortably and walk around in while still feeling cute.

We had a really great trip and I can't wait to go back.
Thanks for reading and simply stay pretty. 

Comments

Popular Posts