Spring Capsule Switch Up

Hello spring!!!! Time to switch out my wardrobe a bit for some warmer weather. So I've put away my heave scarves and wool sweaters and traded them for skirts, more t-shirts and lighter fabrics. I'm especially exciterd to start wearing this skirt that I had altered a couple months ago. I picked up this skirt at a thrift shop for super cheap. It was originally a sixe 3x and it was a maxi length. So I had it brought in and shortened, this cost me around $40. When looking at similar skirts online I could probably pick up something similar, but this one is just the right color and the fabric is the perfect weight. I'm glad I took the extra steps to reuse rather then buy new. 

I live in t-shirts year round. When its colder my t-shirts are long sleeve and when its warmer they are short sleeve. My hunt for the perfect tee is never-ending  and most recently I ordered a couple of Everlane Tee's and I've been really enjoying them. I ordered this crew neck in green and a v-neck in a bright red-orange. They are so soft. They hold their shape. They wash well and the fit is really good. I've also really been enjoying the tees at Target from their Universal Thread brand. They have a more raw cotton feel to them while still being soft. I like this a lot. It feels the the shirt has tons of wear in it and will age and soften with wear. Rather then be too soft from the start and then they don't last long. Gotta keep that cost per wear nice and low.  

Another spring addition to my wardrobe is a new pair of shoes. I already wrote a whole blog post about my crazy feet issues and why I can't just wear any old shoe. In summary my joints are jacked and I stand all day at work which means I need some serious support in my shoes. So I got a pair of Vionic flats. They kinda remind me Vans but with actual support for my aching joints. The top of the shoe is perforated leather with allows some ventilation but isn't so open that your feet will get cold. I am so impressed with the comfort level and cuteness of the shoes (pictured above). Whenever I tell people that they are orthodontic shoes they are shocked. So awesome! 
  

I made something!! Yes, that's right I took an old pair of jeans and turned it into a skirt. And all on my own. Sorry I'm very proud of myself. So I have a black denim skirt for work and it is wonderful but I wanted one that would be more for the weekend. So I did it myself. I really don't think I can give a tutorial on it but I followed a tutorial from Useless on youtube


Year round I'm in denim. I live in denim. And the pair of jeans I've been wearing a lot this spring are my high waisted straight leg jeans from Target brand Universal Thread. I find that the denim is soft but not too heavy and high waisted things are so flattering on me which helps me feel better when my arms are out. Love these jeans so much and I wish they made them in black so I could wear them to work as well. 


And that's it for spring. I'm currently prepping for summer. I placed a huge order from Old Navy just because there is so much online that they don't have in store. And I know that Old Navy is not the most ethical or sustainable but unfortunately a lot of my summer clothes from last year are not fitting anymore. So there is too much to replace to order from Everlane or places like that. It just isn't in the budget. I find I'm able to budget in brand like that when I need just a couple of things not multiple otems. But in ordering from Old Navy I am more conscious about fabric choices. And even though I ordered like 15 things from Old Navy I'm really only intending to keep  5 or 6. More on that in my Summer capsule switch up. 

Thanks for reading and simply stay pretty.

Comments

Popular Posts