Travel Makeup Bag

For someone like me with a lot of makeup to choose from, picking what makeup to travel with can be a tricky process. My makeup collection is certainly small compared to some but big compared to your average Jo. I certainly have my staples for when I want an easy look. And while traveling an easy look is exactly what I want. Some might want to glam things up a bit so that you'll look especially good in photos taken on the trip. But unless I know I have a fancy event while on my trip I keep things simple. I'd much rather be out exploring then in my hotel room for a better part of the morning polishing off the perfect daytime smokey eye. This is just my preference and these are the products I usually take with me when I travel.



First thing I want to mention is that bag I pack it all in. This was tricky to find but I think I found my perfect treavel makeup bag. Again this is for me and my minimal approach to makeup. I found this beauty on Amazon and I think they do this style in different sizes. So check it out. 



The top part of the bag unzips and opens like a book. This is where I keep whatever brushes and longer tubular objects. Plus a better mirror as the one in the case isn't really that great. I brought a face brush that could be used with cream products or powders, one blush brush (quite dense so that it would work with cream blushes and one eyeshadow brush. The eyeshadow brush was mainly to be used with a cream product to highlight the inner corner of my eye. As you'll see I did not bring any powder eyeshadow.  And lastly I packed my favorite mascara by Maybelline. 



First products I packed were my RMS Beauty Lip2Cheek creams. I knew these would be great for travel because the multipurpose for blush and lipcolor. I packed the shades Diabolique and Paradise. Diabolique is a rich berry shade that can be applied heavily to the lips for a more dramatic look or applied lightly to the cheeks for a fresh and bright face. Paradise is slightly coral pink and is my go-to "don't need to think about it" cheek color. Looks great on the lips for subtle, your lips but better, vibe.



Next was a highlight and bronzer....also from RMS Beauty. What can I say, when I really love a brand I REALLY LOVE A BRAND. For the highlight I brought their Eye Polish in Utopia. The shade is so flattering on the skin and is pigmented enough to go in that inner corner to brighten things up. Buriti Bronzer is a perfect bronzer. It never looks like dirt smudged on your face and it never makes me look like an oompa lupa. And like all of RMS's cream products, this melts right into your skin and can be applied with the fingers. 



Not pictured is the RMS Un-Cover Up in the shade 22 and this was the "foundation" I bring with me. I quote foundation because this is technically just a concealer that I apply the the canter of my face and blend to the outside edges of the face. So this isn't technically a foundation but I use it like one. The powder I pack to set my under eye so that my makeup will last all day is the Hourglass Mini Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light. This is a great basic powder, not my favorite though. My favorite is the Glossier Wowder but it is just too bulky to travel with. C'mon Glossier bring out a travel size powder...pleeeeeeeaaasse.

Lastly I bring Mac Paintpot in Groundwork. This is such a great product and this color is just deep enough to wear by itself on my eyelids to add depth and cancel out any veins, purple tones or unwanted tones. As mentioned above I can use the RMS Eye Polish in Utopia to add more shimmer to the whole lid or just the inner corner. This is enough of an eye look for me when traveling. If I knew there would be a nicer event to attend I would toss in a brown gel liner so that I could add some smoke to any look. 



Hope this helps, entertains or informs. Thanks for reading and simply stay pretty. 

Comments

Popular Posts