New (to me) Makeup and Skincare

I recently picked up a few more makeup and skincare items. So excited for new brands and more of brands I already love. (side note these are about 3 months worth of purchases)

Kopari
I've been hearing about this brand more and more lately. I hear good things about their coconut melt body moisturizer, but I'm happy with my current body moisturizer. So maybe next winter I'll give it a go. But this little set was available on Sephora and I thought it was a good sampling of some skincare basics that were right up my alley. An Oil cleanser, a rose toner, a coconut face cream and their lip gloss. The Oil Cleanser isn't my all time favorite but it absolutely works. I've been using it in the morning rather then at night. It cleanses but it doesn't remove makeup super well. So it works best at a morning refresh cleanser. The toner however is quickly becoming a favorite. It sinks right into the skin and there is an immediate difference on the skin. The face cream... again it isn't the best face cream ever. However I have been using it a lot underneath my sunscreen. It is light enough to layer but also moisturizing enough to wear on its own. I can definitely see myself using this throughout the summer but probably wouldn't re-purchase. Now the gloss. I wont lie to you, this gloss is the main reason I wanted to try this brand and it has not disappointed. it is so glossy and so moisturizing. I think that's just what I really enjoy about this brand so far. Everything is effective at moisturizing and nourishing the skin. It's not going to blow you away but it works.


Mar Jacobs Lip Gloss Quad
I've already talked about how much I love the Marc Jacobs Lip Gloss formula and this little sampler set was too good to pass up. A full sized lip gloss is a lot of product to use up so these little ones are perfect. A couple of the colors are lighter then I would usually use. But lately I've been inspired by a few tutorials I've watched to use a brighter or deeper lip color and then use a lighter color in the center of the lips. Excited to play with this technique.


Natasha Denona Mini Sunset Palette
Natasha Denona puts out some crazy expensive eyeshadow palettes but they are also supposed to be crazy good. I just cannot shell out over a hundred dollars on an eyeshadow palette so when I saw this I knew it was my chance to give this formula a try. It did not disappoint. Would I pay over a hundred dollars for a big palette of this formula? no. I just don't wear enough eyeshadow to justify it. But if you feel like treating yourself with something fancy and pretty this a really fun and stunning palette.


Sephora Collection Eye Crayon
I'm all about the easy makeup looks. And this eye crayon is so perfect. I can swipe it on my lid and blend it in with my finger or use it as a smudged liner to make my brown eyes pop. So easy and effortless to use and the khaki green color I got it in is so pretty.


Tarte Clay Play Volume II
When I'm not being super lazy with my eye makeup I'm wearing simple and neutral shades. I have the original all matte version of this palette but it lives in my pro kit. So this one with shimmer and face colors was irresistible for my personal kit. I can get such a variety of looks with this guy and it has a blush, bronzer and highlight. So full face of makeup. If you wanted to you could travel with this palette, concealer and mascara and be good to go. I'm beyond happy with this purchase.


Lumene Essence and Illuminator
I saw Youtuber Este Lalonde use these products and immediately ordered them and boy am I glad I did. The Essence was a product I was looking to replace and I'm so pleased with this one. The vitamin C isn't too strong so my skin remains calm and it helps my skin take in so much moisture. The Illuminator is a stunning glory base for makeup or can be worn alone for simply healthy looking skin. And it is an extra layer of moisture and goodness for your skin. Can't say enough good things about these products and can't wait to explore more from this brand.



Pacifica Rapid Flower Oil

It recently became time to replace my facial oil and I opted for this lighter oil as we head into summer. Fortunately my skin isn't quite as dry during the summer and I light to pull back on the heavier oils so my face doesn't just feel sweaty all the time. So as the weather warms up I usually just put oil around my eyes where it stays the driest. This oil from Pacifica also has Blue Tansy which is a fantastic anti-bacterial, so it helps prevent any extra breakouts as I sweat a little more then usual. I also really like to pack this stuff on at night over my night creams, just to seal everything in. And it is so reasonably priced.



Lancome L'absolu Laquer
This lip formula is so unlike anything I've ever tried and it is so perfect for that effortless summer look. These are technically Glossy Stains, but they are so much more then that. When you first apply it simply looks and feels like a sheer gloss, easy to wear, nice wash of color what more could you want. Well, if you apply one to two more coats the pigmentation builds and stays. And I mean it really really stays. Even the gloss affect stays surprisingly well. So excited about this release into the beauty  scene. I have the shades 274 (perfect nude), 134 (bright red), and 216 (rosy pink).



Clinique Moisture Surge 72 Hour Auto-Replenishing Hydrator
As I said earlier when the weather starts to worm up I go a bit lighter with my moisturizers. I still need as much moisture as I can get, I just don't want it to feel too heavy. This product is the answer to my summer dry skin prayers. Lightweight and jam packed with moisture. This is light enough that I can apply my daily sunscreen over it and not get greasy. And when I wash my face at night I can still feel the moisture is still there.


Hope you enjoyed this and simply stay pretty. 

Comments

Popular Posts