Curvy Girl Summer Problems..A Rant

Being a size 14, with some lumps and bumps, no thigh gap, a bit of a tummy and arms that make me cringe when I look in the mirror, summer is a tough time to say the least. So I'm gonna say what we are all thinking. Summer sucks for the curvy girl. Not that summer is easy for those that are thinner but being quite curvy comes with some extra challenges.


Chafing
Chafing is real and the pain is real too. Chafing happens when skin rubs against skin and there is enough  pull to cause friction, which irritates the skin. There are so many hacks out there to help with this problem but what I find most frustrating is that it is even a problem. I struggle with this so much. Most of the time I truly love my body but when wearing a dress or shorts comes with added steps to make sure I'm comfortable I get frustrated and fed up that I'm one of the people in the world that has to worry about chafing.

There's the problem, here's the solution. Megababe Anti-Chafing Stick. This product was created by an Instagramer that goes by 12ishStyle. She recreates celebrity looks in larger (average) sizes and she created this line of products to help people feel more comfortable in any item of clothing.  For years I used to always  just use my deodorant to do the same thing buy I found that white marks would always get on my shorts. that is not a problem with this product. Even though I hate the fact that I have chafing problems to start This product makes it a bit easier.


Bloating
I can only speak for myself but during the summer months I swell up like violet from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. You know when she has a reaction to the crazy gum that tastes like dinner. Except I don't turn violet when I swell up. But gosh darn it I do bloat in summer heat and I just can't stand it. My feet get bigger. My belly is totally bigger then normal. And worst of all my knees and ankles look chubby. Nothing worse then swollen lower appendages. Yes, I don't like the way it looks but it makes me feel lethargic and unwilling to get up and move and that is the worst of all. Next thing you know I've been sitting on the couch drinking limeade and not getting the exercise I want deep down.

Salty cravings also come with feeling bloated ( at least for me). And why the heck is that? Salt retains water! So why...oh why would my body crave something that would make the bloating worse then it already is?! Its a conundrum that we may never know the answer to.

I do attempt to combat the bloating by stretching and drinking enough water. Finding the energy to stretch in the evening before bed is tough but it is always worth it. Evening walks are also a hero habit that Tyler and I have been working on.

I hope you enjoyed this little rant and if you can relate please comment and lets lament together. In the meantime thanks for reading and simply stay pretty.



Comments

Popular Posts