Summer Capsule Switch Up

Summer is here and I am feeling ready for it. Shorts, tank tops, skirts and dresses even some swimsuits. I even got a new pair of sandals. Here is what I've  got in my wardrobe at the moment.

Thin and lightweight tank tops. Once I get past the fear of having my arms out for the world to see, I love a lightweight tank top. This Olive green jersey Tank From Amazon brand Daily Ritual is awesome. I also have it in white and need to order a couple in black for work. 


Button down shirts have become a staple for me in past months. I think it looks really classy while still being casual. and you can rob the sleeves up or down depending on the weather. I also want to talk about my current favorite denim shorts. These are from Old Navy and they are a size 16. in shorts I like to size up so that they don't fit too tight on my thighs. I know you all know what I'm talking about. You're standing, wearing your shorts, and you look down at your legs. They look pretty good, you're feeling great. Then you sit down and your shorts (that looked great 30 seconds ago) are digging into your flesh and all of the sudden your legs look like baby beached whales on your chair. So I size up to avoid these situations that I'm sure the people I'm with don't even notice but I have a tough time with.


This summer I've also added this linen jacket from Old Navy to my wardrobe. Living in a temperate climate is wonderful but it also means you'll be chilly in the morning, warm during the day and chilly in the evening. This has been a great piece to play with because it is lightweight and small enough to carry round with me (compared to a denim jacket) but a little nicer then a cardigan. And I'm happy with the beige color as well. Its a fun neutral color to play with.


Because I live in this wonderful temperate climate I live in jeans year round. But I still have some winter jeans and summer jeans. Lighter washes and thinner denim in summer is key. I also really enjoy a looser more boyfriend fit and I've go a great pair that is just enough distressed. Can't wait to wear them in a few years when they are real life distressed and just too cute.


Dresses are something that takes concious effort for me to wear. I've tried them all and I've decided that I like shirt dresses and wrap dresses and that I do not like swing dresses. On my swing dresses add way too much volume to my his and thighs, you know where I already have plenty of volume. so something like this green dress that isn't quite body-con (another silhouette that is not a easy casual thing for me to wear) but is fitted enough is great.


This wrap dress from Gap was such a gem to find last year. The fabric is heavy enough to be flattering but thick enough to not cling to your wobbly bits. great to dress it up or down. But I actually have a couple of fancy dresses for those special occasions.


Accessorize. This has always intimated me....always. And it still does to be honest. What I've always loved accessorizing with has been scarves. But scarves during the summer? its too warm to scarf up. But I found these loose weave silk scarves on, yes, Amazon. They are so light and airy. Its nice for a bit of warmth during the chilly mornings of summer but not too warm or bulky to carry around all day. I'm even planning on wearing these with tank tops.


I'm excited for the warm weather and I'm excited to utilize my summer wardrobe. Thanks for reading and simply stay pretty.

Comments

Popular Posts