Summer Lip Favorites

Lancome L'absolu Laquer
A beautiful long lasting glossy stain. Funny enough one of my favorite shades is a nude color that really doesn't need to leave too much of a stain. It is still a great formula for nude shades but where it really shines is in the brighter colors. Which is why the other shades I have are a soft but still bright pink and a vibrant red. You can apply just one coat for sheer color or layer it up for a vibrant pop that leaves you with a stunning stain. The stain isn't patchy or clingy in weird ways. A great summer product, probably a great all year product but we'll wait to see about that. 



Aveda Lipstick 
Another product that leaves you with a stain for easy no fuss wearability. Aveda recently reformulated their lipstick formula and revamped their color range and I am so here for it! The colors are so vibrant and true, including the beautiful nude shade in Bronzed Pecan. Some shades are Aveda classics like Cana, which is a true orange red, just made better by this very pigmented long lasting formula. And they are in fancy tubes now. These just launched in the spring and I'm excited to wear some of the more wintery shades in a few short months.




Marc Jacobs Lip Gloss
Marc Jacobs Gloss will be a love of mine for the foreseeable future. A beautiful sheer shine that isn't too tack and doesn't leave your lips dry. Of course my favor shades are this light orange shade and a cool pink. It's a simple formula that is just easy to wear.



Estee Lauder Poppy Sauvage
The perfect summer matte red. Having grown up in California I think of orange when I hear about poppies. But the texture of this lip color perfectly captures this beautiful flower. And the red is a true poppy red, just orange enough to feel bright but blue enough to be flattering. Without fail I get compliments when wearing this color. Last winter I fell in love with Fenty Beauty's red lip color and this feels like that colors summer cousin. Keep in mind that it is a very matte lip, so moisturize well before application.

Fresh Caramel Lip Balm
Speaking of moisturizing well, I spoiled myself to a fancy lip balm and I am so glad I did. I apply this to my lips first thing in the morning and right before applying a liquid lipstick like the one mentioned above. It smells heavenly and leaves your lips so soft.


Olio Olle
This product is technically a universal color stick but my favorite way to use it has been on my lips when in a hurry on a truly no makeup day. It is a very sheer wash of color but leaves you with that "I just ate a cherry popsicle because its too hot out" look. I have shade #10 in Tea Rose and you bet I've got my eye on their coral shade #3 in Crimson. A quick swipe on the cheeks and you've got a whole summer look. I also fully intend to play with these on the eyes as well.


Thats all for now. Thanks for reading and simply stay pretty. 

Comments

Popular Posts