Fall Capsule Wardrobe 2018

Fall is everybody's favorite time of year for so many reasons. Cozy fabrics. Warm and happy color palettes. Scarves. The leaves changing. Brisk air. Apple cider. The list really does go on and I'm right there with everybody. But here on the California Central Coast Autumn is pretty mild compared to the rest of the world. So it is not gonna be a huge overhaul my wardrobe will be going through. I'll be checking in with myself and the items I keep in storage every month or so to make sure I'm utilizing everything I own.
Death by elocution : Oversized blazer on blackShirt; Top; Button down; Blue; Denim; Long sleeve; Tucked in; Jeans; Pants; Black; Skinny; Tight; Fitting; Shoes; Heels; Pumps; Suede; Dark; Navy; Royal; Necklace; Long; Gold; Spring; Fall; Autumn; P127Really wish I had a wood burning fireplace!   Nice. I love this time of year :-)

At first I'm just going to add a couple of cardigan type things back into the mix. I'm keeping a couple of my tank tops and t-shirts to layer my cardigans over. Next I put away my shorts. However I did leave out one pair of shorts just in case there is an odd warm day here and there. One of my favorite things to do is wear shorts and a long sleeve button down.

Women's Oversized Cardigan - Mossimo Supply Co.™ (Juniors') : TargetSimple.:

Looking at everything and taking stock of what I need, I start to build my fall shopping list. This years list includes a lighter denim shirt, a flannel shirt, a crew neck sweater, a new pair of black jeans for work, brown booties, a new cardigan and a brown leather jacket. I would also love to find one of those cool trendy and slightly over-sized blazers. Not all of these are immediate urgent purchases. For instance the sweater and jacket are not urgent needs as those are more winter items (but I did find and purchase them). But I'm just trying to think ahead.

Every season I fully intent to try to purchase from more sustainable brands and I just can't seem to do it when I'm needing items. When I'm not "needing" something and I order it online I just don't seem to worry as much about sizing. Because if sizing ends up not working out, its alright because I don't NEED the item. So with that said I have mostly shopped at Target, Old Navy and Gap for these items. However I have been more aware of fabrics this year. Trying to buy less synthetic materials and more cotton, wool and natural fibers. I'm not perfect and I don't live in extreme cold weather. So that full on cashmere just doesn't seem to get enough use in my closet. So fabric blends it is.


Cardigans. I love them. I love the basic cardigan from H&M and I have my black and grey work cardigans from there. This golden rod cardigan pictured above is from Target. It is 100% cotton and has a nice woven texture. Cardigans are such a fall staple in my wardrobe. They are cozy and comfy and if you get too warm you can just take it off and wear just your t-shirt underneath. So good!! I also found this burnt orange, long cardigan at Old Navy. Long cardigans are a look I've always loved but have never felt I could pull off. I'm pretty self conscious of my short appendages and feel that when things hang longer on my body they just make me look shorter. This cardigan I found at Old Navy is freaking magical, it hits at just the right spot while still looking like a long cool girl cardigan. And it's super soft.


I also found this plaid flannel. Its a pretty lightweight flannel which is perfect for the mild autumn we have here in California. And I'm in love with the orange and blue colors in it. Goes great with my whole color pallet. I also picked up these jeans from Old Navy. They are a high rise, button fly skinny jean that is so comfy. They have a single rip in one knee and the wash is a slightly washed black. Overall I'm really happy with my purchase. 


Next I picked up this very cozy but not too heavy oatmeal colored sweater at Old Navy. This is one of the items that is most definitely made of synthetic fabrics. For me and my wardrobe full on wool or cashmere sweaters are just a little too much. I do have one cashmere sweater that I will pull out for winter but this one is great for autumn. I'm just going to make sure to not put this in the dryer to make sure it stays in good shape. I also found the perfect brown "leather" jacket at Target. My black leather jacket is also from Target and it has served me very well. So I'm happy to have this warmer toned option to play around with. 


Lastly I picked up a new scarf from Boody Wear, a fantastic and affordable eco clothing line that makes the softest cotton. This is their muslin scarf in grey. This is light but warm, which is perfect for our mild season. I own a good amount of other Boody Wear items including their tank bras, leggings and camisoles. The fabric is just unbelievably soft. So excited to get some wear out of this new addition. 

And that's its for my Fall capsule wardrobe. Thanks for reading and simply stay pretty. 




Comments

Popular Posts