Going Braless

A few years ago I cracked a couple ribs. It’s a long story that can be summed up by saying “I’m clumsy and sometimes that leads to injury” yeah I’m a hazard to myself and I know it. But while I was healing I couldn’t wear a bra because it hurt too much. So I picked up a couple of bralettes and they worked great. And then my ribs got better and I kept on wearing my bralettes. Then I got rid of most of my traditional underwire bras. And then I bought some nipple stickers. And now I kinda don’t wear much of a bra most days. And it is amazing!!!!!!


Yeah I’m sure there are a bunch of health reasons to not wear a bra. The wire causes cancer or something like that. But mostly it boils down to a comfort thing. The band has to be tight enough to keep things in place but it is TIGHT and that ends up hurting. So then I loosen it and then it doesn’t stay put which makes the straps too loose and then the straps are falling down thus rendering the uncomfortable contraption basically useless. Oh and the wire digs in and leaves me with marks. Yeah underwire bras pretty much bruise me if I wear them for too long. What can I say I'm basically a peach, I bruise easy. 



And yes, there are awesome services out there like Third Love where your bra can be really customized. And other companies that make much larger cup sizes accessible. Those are all wonderful and I’m glad they exist. They are simply not for me. I’m a 36D and I rarely wear a “bra” and I'm very comfortable with that.



So what do I wear you might be asking? I wear various forms of a bralette. My current favorite is the Free People Brami. It is a cropped, stretchy and not too tight but tight enough camisole top. The straps are very thin and and inconspicuous. Sometimes I even like to let the straps show with a slouchy off the shoulder number. And lastly these Brami's are very affordable coming in at $20 and they come in so many colors. A couple of my favorites are a nude one to easily wear under a white tee. A dark forest green and a deep plum red color. I especially like these darker colors if I'm wearing a very low cut shirt, its a fun pop of color that pairs really well with the rest of my neutral wardrobe. I will say if you are wearing them under a rougher fabric they can start to pill up a bit. But nothing my handy fabric shaver can't fix.



What I've been wearing more and more are my silicone Nippies from the brand Bristols. These are significantly larger then your average pasties so that there are no weird lines or anything like that. And boy are they really sticky. These puppies will not budge on the boob. I've worn these when wearing dresses where wearing a bra could prove to be tricky at best or under strappy tank tops that my Brami doesn't quite work under (but again, I don't mind when my Brami straps show). They are just a really nice option to have.



Over all essentially going braless for the last few years has given me a lot more confidence and I really do feel like my overall breast health is much better. They are a perkier for one. I used to always get very very visible and painful bruising from underwire. and no matter how much I sized up they would always be there. I'm so glad to not be in pain and you know what? Free that boob!!!

Thanks for reading and simply stay pretty. 


Comments

Popular Posts