New (To Me) Fall Skincare

Dermalogica Daily Micro-Foliant
This product is something that I used to use on clients when I was in beauty school (in case you didn't know I have my cosmetology license and I studied skincare more than the average student and actually did facials for a bit while in school in addition to doing hair and makeup). This is a rice powder that has some enzymes. You use it by putting a small amount in your hand and adding either water or oil and then scrub away on the face. Personally I like to use this with a cleansing oil on my dry dry desert skin. I also like to be fancy and mix it in a little bowl and apply with a brush but sometimes that is just too much work. It exfoliates and smooths both physically and chemically leaving the skin super smooth and ready for moisturizer. I use this about once a week in conjunction with a a cleansing mask and glycolic acids.


Derma-e Hydrating Cleanser.
I'm always on the hunt for the perfect dry skin cleanser and this one is this seasons favorite. It does lather a bit which scared me when I first tried it, but my skin doesn't feel dry at all after use. We all know that tight "too clean" feeling after a product strips the skin of all moister and nourishment. Yeah, none of that feeling with this cleanser. I can even use it in the morning and my skin does good all day. That has not always been the case with other cleansers. 


Weleda Skin Food 
And
Weleda Hydrating Day Cream
I heard about these products from Katie Jane Hughes on Instagram and just had to try them. She mixes these together in varying amounts depending on what her skin is needing that day. The day cream is so perfect. It is really moisturizing but it sinks right into the skin. So even though Miss Katie Jane Hughes mixes them together I've been using the day cream on it's own. The Skin Food is very nearly a skin balm, very nourishing and a little tiny bit goes a long way. The way I like to use this product is just a bit warmed up on my hands and applied to the high points of my face just before makeup application. I could also see myself using this product on my hands when those cold weather dry patches settle in.
P.S. After trying just these two products I've since purchased  their deodorant, body wash and a face wash. Soooooo a brand Overview is on its way to you.


Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream, Fragrance Free
I randomly stumbled upon this product on Amazon and the reviews were way too good to not give it a try and I think this might seriously save my skin during the upcoming colder months. There is some petroleum in this product which is not a hydrator but it is a protectant that seals in the moisture. So the way I've been using it is under my eyes but applied over my eye cream to lock in the moisture and as a night time lip balm. I have also put it on patches of dermatitis that I can get on my hands because of work. 

Osea Facial Oil
I got a small size of this product in my Petit Vour subscription box and I immediately fell in love with this facial oil. So unbelievably lightweight while still being super moisturizing. Now this is a freaking expensive oil So I've exclusively using it during the daytime when a lighter oil is easier to do makeup on top of. At night I don't mind heavier oils and I'll be placing an order on The ordinary soon to restock on a cheaper night time oil. 


Ursa Major Face Wipes
This is another item that came in a Petit Vour box and my face wipe life will never be the same again. If face wipes are something you don't use often but when you need one you need a really good one...These are your answer. I use these when I'm camping. Or if i'm having a really long day at work and have to go somewhere right after but just cannot stand wearing makeup for one more minute, I whip one of these puppies out and wipe off all my makeup and don't need to apply any other skincare immediately. These wipes really saved my skin on a few 12-15 hour days I've had this last summer. 

Derma-e Vitamin C Serum
I felt like my routine was lacking a serum. That light layer of skincare can really do a lot of work for you but doesn't feel heavy. As the weather gets cooler the skin can tend to look a bit dull and lifeless so a vitamin C can help your skin shed those dead skin cells faster, resulting in brighter skin. Yay! I like this product enough to purchase it again and I think I just might do that once I've used it up. Great, effective product for a very fair price. Serums can tend to be very expensive. 

Lush "Don't Look At Me" Fresh Mask
I'm a total mask junkie and I have no shame. For me, masking and taking care of my skin a a big self care thing and therefore helps with my anxiety and control issues. This is a beautiful bright blue mask that helps draw out impurities and exfoliates the skin as you rinse it off. And....its so pretty and fun. I've been really loving this mask as we head into fall.


Loreal Bright Reveal Wipes
Keeping up with the whole "exfoliate your skin so that you don't prematurely age or have dull skin or have gross dry patches" I have added these Peel Pads to my routine. They are round pads soaked in a glycolic acid solution. Acids are really effective in exfoliating the skin on a chemical level without scratching the skin like a physical exfoliant can do with over use. I love the ease of use that comes with this product and I will absolutely use them up. But I have a bottle of Pixi Glow Tonic to use up after these pads are gone. Word of warning though, please be careful with this form of exfoliation your skin. It can quickly over exfoliate the skin, throwing your skins natural balance out of wack resulting in even dryer skin. So start slow. At the most I use this form of exfoliating twice a week. Any more then that I start to get dryness and redness in the center of my face followed my little breakouts. 

Thanks so much for reading and simply stay pretty. 

Comments

Popular Posts