Autumn Makeup Picks

Change of seasons means switching up the makeup that I keep in my bathroom for daily use. I can go digging around in my collection for something specific I'm wanting to use. But most days I just use what is nearby which means I gotta keep whats nearby fresh. Here's what I've been using lately.

RMS Beauty
This whole brand is a huge and forever favorite of mine. A really conscious brand that uses ingredients that help your skin while lending some color to the skin. I use their Un-Cover Up on a nearly daily basis. I also always go back to my Lip2Cheek pots for the perfect cheek and lip color for the perfect monochromatic look. I recently picked up the shade Promise to add to my collection. It is a perfect warm rose color without being too bright. I actually really like this color on my eyelids for that full on monochrome face. Other shades I really love are Beloved (a bright pink), Paradise (light but sunny peach shade) and Diabolique (deep berry shade).



Mac Face And Body Foundation
I've been using my Dior face and body foundation a lot this summer, but I bought it in a summer shade. As my tan starts to fade that foundation no longer works for me. I wanted to try the Mac face and body foundation in my lighter shade just to mix it up. These foundations are very very different but I'm quite enjoying the Mac version. It is much more sheer than the Dior and is more moisturizing. So I'm glad that I'm giving this formula a go during the colder months when my skin is much drier.


NudeStix
My love affair with cream products does not see an end soon and so I've tried out this brand that has been on my cream products radar. I've especially been excited to try their cream shadow sticks in both matte and shimmer finishes. These creams are magical because they actually set down and stay all day. Sometimes I'll blend it out with my finger and other times I'll blend with a dense and pointed eyeshadow brush. I would also advise just doing one eye at a time as this products sets fairly quickly and you want to blend the edges before that happens.



Maybelline Shine Lipsticks
I'm so glad that glossy lips are back into style. Not that I didn't stop wearing them when matte lips were the huge trend. But now that glossy, shiny lips are trending there are some awesome products on the market. One of these products are these shiny and still pigmented lipsticks are a joy. There is a really decent range of shades from pretty nudes to vibrant pinks and corals.


Hourglass Veil Retouch
Totally did not expect to like this product as much as I do. This is not a concealer, it is not a foundation and it is not a tinted moisturizer. I've really never used something this this. It is a tinted, glowing retouch product.....yeah that's the only way I could think to describe it. So how I use it is as a sheer base product in very select places on my face on those good skin days where I don't need much help. Or if I'm just in a hurry. It is in a small, compact bottle and therefore easy to carry around. The best way to apply to the skin is with fingers, so no need for brushes or sponges it just blends right in. I do really wish there was a wider shade range. Even with all that, what I'm super impressed with is this products ability to cancel out redness. I will apply to my nose and chin area, where I have the most redness and it just perfects the skin without looking heavy. 

That's it for now. Thanks for reading and simply stay pretty. 

Comments

Popular Posts